The much-awaited Amravati- Narkhed railway line will be completed by December 31, 2010, officials said here.
The chord line for Amravati-Nagpur trains will be laid by the end of next month, Amravati railway officials informed Shriprakash, chief operations manager, Central Railway, during his visit to Amravati and Badnera here yesterday.
Shriprakash was in the city for the inspection of development of model station work at Amravati and Badnera. At Amravati station, he inspected the construction of platforms and other facilities and also visited ticket counters.
Construction of platforms 2 and 3 at Amravati will be completed by the next month-end, he was told.
A demand for starting an Amravati-Pune train was also put before Shriprakash.
Shriprakash, before coming here, visited Badnera station and did a survey of ongoing works.
- Mumbai: Opposition puts government on mat over failure to get central nod for Bills
- Kolkata's iconic Flurys opens two outlets in Navi Mumbai
- 14th BANM expo set to be a grand affair
- Now, morning walk can leave you gasping
- Realty focus shifts to NAINA
- Ward officers of the civic body finally get their transfers
- BMC bows to residents' protests, may not widen St Martin's Road in Bandra
- Time to focus on affluent families for improving country's skewed sex ratio
- Meet Harish Kapadia, who knows the Himalayas, Sahyadri like the back of his hand
- BMC fails to demolish Lexicon Global School
Amravati collector reviews welfare schemes
Hundred and counting: H1N1-hit Pune gears up for a 'chilly' winter
- AAP, BJP ready for fresh poll, Congress to back AAP? - 20 hours ago
- Supreme Court makes gay sex punishable offence, Baba Ramdev feels happy with verdict as many express outrage on Twitter - 9 hours ago
- Will dance on 'Besharam' song at Ranbir Kapoor's wedding: Katrina Kaif - 19 hours ago
- Love Salman Khan for promoting 'Dhoom 3' in 'Bigg Boss': Aamir Khan - 19 hours ago
- South Africa vs India, 3rd ODI: Either rain or courageous show from MS Dhoni & Co. will save India from drubbing - 11 hours ago