Bollywood actor Sherlyn Chopra recently filed a complaint with Mumbai crime branch and the cyber crime cell, alleging that she has been a victim of vulgar threats and Internet-related crime over the last eight months.
Chopra has identified a well-known event management firm, based in Dubai, as the main suspect behind threatening and vulgar calls, messages and emails.
She handed over to the police a recorded conversation between the her and one of her alleged tormentor.
"They threatened to put up digitally-altered nude images of mine on the net if I didn't accept their demands. I was offered Rs10 lakh per performance", she has said in her written complaint.
"I first ignored them but then they began carrying out their threats by uploading fudged semi-nude photos of mine," Chopra claimed.
Inspector SM Pawar of the cyber crime cell said the investigations were on.
- BJP leaders say Maharashtra too yearning for good governance and will back the Shiv Sena-BJP alliance
- Advertising agency owner arrested for raping bizwoman in Worli 5-star
- Indian mission scotches rumours of denial of visa to Pakistani patients
- Saffron brigade does a U-turn on for anti-superstition Bill
- dna special: MMRDA cuts short Freeway to save mangroves, slums
- CCTV footage shows Bhayander wife-killer buying knives from mall
- Speeding Aston Martin hits Audi and Elantra; driver abandons car, flees
- Hundreds protest at cruel youth's home in Mumbai
- The fine art of accepting defeat
- Don't cut gas quota: Bombay High Court to Centre
- LIVE Delhi Assembly elections result 2013: Will prefer to sit in Opposition, says BJP - 13 hours ago
- Live! Assembly election results: Congress wins in Mizoram - 17 hours ago
- Mizoram Assembly election results: Congress wins, will form government - 16 hours ago
- 'Bigg Boss 7': Sofia Hayat who was evicted from Bigg Boss house says Armaan's love for Tanishaa is an act for the cameras - 16 hours ago
- Salman Khan launches new digital poster of 'Jai Ho' - 13 hours ago