A teenaged boy, who allegedly circulated MMS clips of his sexual relationship with his 15-year-old girlfriend, has been arrested by the Nizampura police on the charge of raping her. Two of his friends have also been arrested.
The girl's affair with the boy, Umesh Naik, 19, lasted for a few months, the police said. He coaxed her into a sexual relationship with him by promising to marry her, they said. The girl fell for his promise.
Naik would meet her often and would persuade her to accompany him to lodges in Bhiwandi, the police said. While in a lodge, the two would indulge in love-making, they said. Naik filmed these sessions in his mobile phone.
However, the girl was unaware that she was being filmed. This continued for seven months, till Rama decided to end her relationship with Naik.
Her decision to break away from Naik infuriated him. He threatened to circulate the MMS clips. But when the girl did not give in to his blackmailing, he copied the clips in CDs and sent them to her parents, the police said.
"When the victim's parents received the CDs at their home, they were shocked to find their daughter in a compromising position with a guy," said Sambhaji Borse, inspector at the Nizampura police station.
"They questioned her about the CDs and she confessed that she had had an affair with Naik," he said. The parents counselled her and took her to the Nizampura police station to file a complaint.
In the complaint, filed on April 1, she told the police that she and Naik lived in the same locality and had become friends. The friendship later grew into an affair.
The victim, in her statement to the police, also said that Naik, a resident of Saravli village in Bhiwandi, took her to several lodges in Bhiwandi in the past few months and had recorded their love-making using his mobile phone.
Acting on the complaint, the police arrested Naik, along with his two friends Sanjay Naik, 19, and Dinesh Mhatre, 20, on Thursday. All the three are school dropouts, the police said. The police have slapped the charge of rape on Naik and have booked the three for abduction, criminal conspiracy and indulging in obscenity.
A lower court in Bhiwandi has remanded them in police custody till April 9, the police said.
(The victim's name has been withheld to protect her identity)
- Sanjay Dutt again gets break from jail, this time for wife's ill health
- Retrial a lifeline for Salman Khan: Santosh Daundkar
- Phase II of South Mumbai to Ghatkopar Freeway to be ready in February
- Ceiling of Masjid Bunder building in Mumbai collapses, 3-year-old boy dies
- dna impact: Railway Protection Force react to Facebook post on harassment, detain two teens
- dna impact: Gorai acid attack victim to get Rs 3 lakh on Monday
- Rupee finds place in Pakistan state bank museum, thanks to Indian journalists
- Excise department cracks down on liquor shops for overcharging customers
- 3 killed in Dombivli tanker blast
- Mumbai police rolls up their sleeves to ensure a safe New Year's
- Big Boss 7: I support Tanisha because she is my sister: Kajol - 17 hours ago
- Katrina Kaif looks stunning in song promo of 'Dhoom 3's' new song 'Kamli' - 21 hours ago
- Film Review: R…Rajkumar is a no brainer that relies on formulaic over the top entertainment - 18 hours ago
- Paul Walker's family to sue Porsche over car crash death - 22 hours ago
- Imran Khan and wife Avantika expecting their first baby next year - 1 day ago