Around 43 students of Sutrakar ashramshala in Talasari were admitted to a local hospital on Saturday after consuming the low-quality food they were served for dinner on Friday.
Some students started feeling dizzy, while others complained of nausea, stomach ache and diarrhoea. The students were aged between 6 and 14.
A medical officer said that tests had been conducted and that stool samples have been sent for tests to ascertain whether the students suffered food poisoning.
“We will take action if we find any irregularities in the functioning of the ashramshala,” tehsildar of Talasari taluka Kalpana Gode said, adding that the students were discharged from the hospital on Monday evening.