Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Moday Sitaram Kunte as the new Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) commissioner.
Kunte, currently the Principal Secretary and Development Commissioner (Planning) will replace Subodh Kumar, who retires today after getting a three-month extension.
Principal Secretary (General Administration Department) K P Bakshi will replace Kunte.
Bakshi will hold additional charge of his current posting in GAD till further orders, sources said.
Kunte has served as Principal secretary (Housing), MHADA Vice President, and BMC Additional Commissioner.
- More blushes for Sena over late Bal Thackeray's funeral funding
- When it comes to smoking, women join the pack
- Naxal district children move out of fear to freedom
- Sharad Pawar, Prithviraj Chavan meet traders on LBT; panel to be formed
- Vasai man fishes out a 30kg Ghol
- Sunil Kumar Loharia murder accused fired at, escapes unhurt
- Milan Subway ROB finally sees the light of day
- BMC chews on nutrition bars for schoolkids, opts for chikki
- Ashish Shelar front runner for Mumbai BJP top post
- Court can't split landlord's family to let tenant stay: High court
- IPL 6: Mumbai in final, beat Rajasthan by four wickets - 23 hours ago
- Sreesanth gifted another smartphone to a girl - 23 hours ago
- Rahul Dravid shows the way - 9 hours ago
- IPL spot-fixing shame: Police arrest Gurunath Meiyappan - 22 hours ago
- Chennai Super Kings boss Gurunath Meiyappan arrested; all bets are off on BCCI chief - 10 hours ago
- Gurunath Meiyappan's Twitter bio changed, CSK info removed but tweets still show links to team - 23 hours ago
- Salman Khan not to wed Romanian TV actress Iulia Vantur, says father Salim Khan - 7 hours ago
- Film review: Hum Hain Rahi Car Ke - 23 hours ago
- Reliance strikes new, rich vein of gas in KG - 9 hours ago
- Paris Hilton wears Falguni and Shane Peacock's creation at Cannes - 22 hours ago