Still smarting under the severe drubbing it has received in the Lok Sabha polls, the NCP is now faced with another problem, and it is how to contain its own MP from firing salvos at it.
An agitated Maharashtra NCP president RR Patil today pulled up the newly elected party MP from Satara, Udayan Raje Bhosale, a royal descendant and a maverick politician, for making derogatory remarks against the party leadership.
"He has joined our party recently. All party workers have freedom to articulate their views on its own forum. But approaching media to discuss party matters is not proper and care should taken to see that our image is not spoiled," Patil said in Satara today when his attention was drawn to the remarks made by Udayan.
Earlier, Udayan, who crossed over to the NCP from the Congress on the eve of the elections and was given a ticket from Satara, crticised the party leadership at a press conference taking strong exception to a report purportedly prepared by NCP to determine the causative factors for its poor show in the state.
According to the report, circulated in media, Udayan Raje's name figures in it along with Maharashtra minister Ajit Pawar.
"I do not know why I am being implicated in this report. If the party leadership hates me so much why I was given NCP ticket when I was ready to contest the Satara seat as an independent", Udayan Raje said.
Udayan who won with huge margin, had embarrassed the party earlier also when he declared that he did not attach any importance to the party he was representing and his main task was to take up the people's problems and solve it irrespective of his affiliation.
The NCP decided to offer him ticket as he was sure to win from Satara on his own "charisma".
Patil, when asked about the said report of the party, however denied that such an assessment was ever documented saying it was "fictitious".
"There is no such report pinning responsibility for the party' s dismal performance. We are probing the matter as to how this fabricated report was circulated in media to malign the party's image", he said.
- Government hospitals to have private labs
- Glamour girls were the messengers too, and not just WhatsApp
- Right-to-pee activists to follow China model, Occupy Men's Toilet
- Meet monorail's first 3 Indian captains
- South African woman held with Rs 13crore contraband
- Sanjay Dutt stays up the whole night in jail with old friend
- Court refuses bail to civic officials in Thane building crash case
- Sanjay Dutt wants to move out of Kasab barrack
- Missing Hamid Ansari's family writes to Sarabjit's lawyer for help
- Just what the Doctor ordered
- Angry teacher kills nine-year-old student by smashing his head on the wall - 22 hours ago
- Film review: Aurangzeb is a hardcore gangster flick - 20 hours ago
- Salman Khan spent four years training me: Arjun Kapoor - 23 hours ago
- 15-year-old gang-raped, burned to death in Uttar Pradesh village - 23 hours ago
- Wife's query may fix Ajit Chandila - 5 hours ago
- All India ICSE, ISC results declared; toppers from Maharashtra and Dehradun - 20 hours ago
- Delhi police's explosive first press statement on IPL spot-fixing - 1 day ago
- IPL 6: Disciplined bowling show keeps Sunrisers in hunt for play-offs - 17 hours ago
- IPL spot fixing: Rahul Dravid, Shilpa Shetty, Raj Kundra not to be quizzed, say police - 17 hours ago
- IPL spot fixing: Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner - 16 hours ago