A teenaged boy, who allegedly circulated MMS clips of his sexual relationship with his 15-year-old girlfriend, has been arrested by the Nizampura police on the charge of raping her. Two of his friends have also been arrested.
The girl's affair with the boy, Umesh Naik, 19, lasted for a few months, the police said. He coaxed her into a sexual relationship with him by promising to marry her, they said. The girl fell for his promise.
Naik would meet her often and would persuade her to accompany him to lodges in Bhiwandi, the police said. While in a lodge, the two would indulge in love-making, they said. Naik filmed these sessions in his mobile phone.
However, the girl was unaware that she was being filmed. This continued for seven months, till Rama decided to end her relationship with Naik.
Her decision to break away from Naik infuriated him. He threatened to circulate the MMS clips. But when the girl did not give in to his blackmailing, he copied the clips in CDs and sent them to her parents, the police said.
"When the victim's parents received the CDs at their home, they were shocked to find their daughter in a compromising position with a guy," said Sambhaji Borse, inspector at the Nizampura police station.
"They questioned her about the CDs and she confessed that she had had an affair with Naik," he said. The parents counselled her and took her to the Nizampura police station to file a complaint.
In the complaint, filed on April 1, she told the police that she and Naik lived in the same locality and had become friends. The friendship later grew into an affair.
The victim, in her statement to the police, also said that Naik, a resident of Saravli village in Bhiwandi, took her to several lodges in Bhiwandi in the past few months and had recorded their love-making using his mobile phone.
Acting on the complaint, the police arrested Naik, along with his two friends Sanjay Naik, 19, and Dinesh Mhatre, 20, on Thursday. All the three are school dropouts, the police said. The police have slapped the charge of rape on Naik and have booked the three for abduction, criminal conspiracy and indulging in obscenity.
A lower court in Bhiwandi has remanded them in police custody till April 9, the police said.
(The victim's name has been withheld to protect her identity)
- Only 29,000 apply for Mhada flats
- Protestors greet Sharad Pawar with black flags in Thane
- Sharad Pawar sees solution ahead of Friday meet with Maharashtra CM
- Time for 'demo' in democracy?
- Mumbai: 23-year-old kills umemployed elder brother due to mental torture, stabbed 12 times
- LBT: Sharad Pawar to meet Prithviraj Chavan on May 24
- Survey throws up new 'big' stations
- Ex-Shiv Sainiks to relaunch campaign for Raj-Uddhav Thackeray reunion
- Sintex aims to double monolithic biz, acquire small companies
- More rain trees come under killer fungal attack
- 'Slimmer' Aishwarya Rai is back at Cannes, daughter Aaradhya in hand - 21 hours ago
- Ajit Chandila bought denims worth Rs 2.5 lakh - 21 hours ago
- IPL spot-fixing: Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against players, BCCI awaits inquiry report - 20 hours ago
- It's time for the BJP to say 'Modi for PM' - 21 hours ago
- Moon meteor blast 'visible to naked eye on Earth', says NASA - 14 hours ago
- While shooting, I didn't think Ranbir Kapoor is my ex-boyfriend: Deepika Padukone - 23 hours ago
- IPL 6: Delhi Daredevils lose by 38 runs to Pune Warriors, finish last - 16 hours ago
- Google I/O 2013: Things you should know - 23 hours ago
- IPL 6: Hyderabad qualify for IPL play-offs, knock Bangalore out - 12 hours ago
- Video of Adam Gilchrist's 'Gilliant' Gangnam Style dance after IPL wicket goes viral - 13 hours ago