JSW Cement, part of the JSW group, is aiming to produce 5.2 million tonnes of cement by the first quarter of 2011-12, J K Tandon, chairman, JSW Cement and director (projects), JSW Steel, said.
"The total project cost is Rs 1,960 crore with equity to debt ratio of 1:3. We have tied up the debt part of it with IDBI Bank," Tandon said, adding, "Equity part of Rs 450 crore is currently being worked out."
"We have got limestone mine in Andhra Pradesh and will produce 3.1 mt there, rest 2.1 mt will be produced at Vijayanagar in Karnataka," Tandon said. The company is currently producing only 0.6 mt cement out of which 0.3 million is being used by the Vijayanagar steel plant of JSW Steel for internal capacity expansion. The rest is being marketed to cement makers.
JSW Cement is also on track for listing on stock markets. However, Tandon refused to divulge any details about the planned IPO.
- Rupee snaps 5-day gain, down 29 paise vs dollar
- Bharti-Reliance Jio strike wider tele infra deal
- Isuzu Motors to invest Rs 3,000 cr in India plant
- Sensex drops for second day, down 84 points as export growth slows
- Manipal Hospitals screens new locations
- States must act strictly with hoarders, profiteers: P Chidambaram
- India's trade deficit narrows to $9.21 billion in November
- With new app, Viber offers cheaper overseas call rates than Skype, telcos
- Raghuram Rajan asks political parties to pass key economic bills
- Govt will not compromise on fiscal discipline: Chidambaram
- AAP, BJP ready for fresh poll, Congress to back AAP? - 21 hours ago
- Supreme Court makes gay sex punishable offence, Baba Ramdev feels happy with verdict as many express outrage on Twitter - 10 hours ago
- Will dance on 'Besharam' song at Ranbir Kapoor's wedding: Katrina Kaif - 20 hours ago
- Love Salman Khan for promoting 'Dhoom 3' in 'Bigg Boss': Aamir Khan - 21 hours ago
- South Africa vs India, 3rd ODI: Either rain or courageous show from MS Dhoni & Co. will save India from drubbing - 12 hours ago