JSW Cement, part of the JSW group, is aiming to produce 5.2 million tonnes of cement by the first quarter of 2011-12, J K Tandon, chairman, JSW Cement and director (projects), JSW Steel, said.
"The total project cost is Rs 1,960 crore with equity to debt ratio of 1:3. We have tied up the debt part of it with IDBI Bank," Tandon said, adding, "Equity part of Rs 450 crore is currently being worked out."
"We have got limestone mine in Andhra Pradesh and will produce 3.1 mt there, rest 2.1 mt will be produced at Vijayanagar in Karnataka," Tandon said. The company is currently producing only 0.6 mt cement out of which 0.3 million is being used by the Vijayanagar steel plant of JSW Steel for internal capacity expansion. The rest is being marketed to cement makers.
JSW Cement is also on track for listing on stock markets. However, Tandon refused to divulge any details about the planned IPO.
- GoM will work to give functional autonomy to CBI: Chidambaram
- At Satyam, the 4-year turnaround's over
- At JWT, focus is on building long-term careers
- Sugar cos are set to reap gains
- Brands cannot ignore Millennial Paradox: Bhaskar Bhat
- US paves way for shale gas export to India
- EMI schemes triple Samsung's sales
- With Portfolio Night, ad frat looks to connect with creative minds
- GE sees big bets in government healthcare projects
- Not convinced yet. S&P wants more action before upgrade
- 'Slimmer' Aishwarya Rai is back at Cannes, daughter Aaradhya in hand - 14 hours ago
- IPL spot-fixing: Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against players, BCCI awaits inquiry report - 13 hours ago
- Ajit Chandila bought denims worth Rs 2.5 lakh - 14 hours ago
- It's time for the BJP to say 'Modi for PM' - 14 hours ago
- While shooting, I didn't think Ranbir Kapoor is my ex-boyfriend: Deepika Padukone - 15 hours ago
- IPL 6: Delhi Daredevils lose by 38 runs to Pune Warriors, finish last - 8 hours ago
- Google I/O 2013: Things you should know - 16 hours ago
- Magneto's kids to tear up the screen in Avengers 2; will Black Panther join them? - 23 hours ago
- Moon meteor blast 'visible to naked eye on Earth', says NASA - 6 hours ago
- 'Suffocating' Sanjay Dutt will not file plea to change cell - 17 hours ago