Audi’s A7 Sportback comes with a 14-speaker system from Bang & Olufsen (B&O) with pop-up tweeters called Acoustic Lens Technology, meant to dramatically improve sound quality and positioning, without disrupting the clean lines of the cabin’s interiors. The rest of the speakers have a custom platinum finish on the grilles, and are acoustically separated from the car chassis to minimize vibration. There’s 1,400 watts of RMS power across all speakers, thanks to B&O’s ICE power amplifiers. You can configure the system for cinematic surround sound throughout the cabin, or use the array of speakers to customize the sound experience for each seat.
No list of luxurious car fittings would be complete without a mention of Rolls Royce. Known for incredibly indulgent little details, the company has now outdone itself with a breathtaking starlight headliner interior roof. Hundreds of fiber-optic channels running through the roof can be set to shine through a carefully perforated leather ceiling, creating the impression of twinkling stars. The light intensity can be set low enough to create a discrete, peaceful ambience, or turned up enough to read what you like.
If you’d like to luxuriate in the back seat while a chauffeur silently zips you around the city, you’ll love the options on Bentley’s uber-luxe Mulsanne. At the touch of a button, both rear passengers can deploy aircraft-style business tables, each with concealed iPad holders and cutouts for Apple’s Bluetooth keyboard. Impress your business clients and dates with chilled champagne from the built-in cooler, poured into bespoke flutes that evoke Bentley’s signature five-spoke wheel design. Electrically operated privacy curtains round off the heady experience.
Chrysler’s Uconnect systems combine entertainment, communication and navigation functions. The top-of-the-line Uconnect systems announced for 2013 and 2014 cars can be controlled via touchscreen, steering-mounted controls and voice commands. The unit can receive satellite radio transmissions and play music and video from CDs, DVDs and other devices connected via USB or Bluetooth. Up to seven phones can be connected via Bluetooth, you can listen to text messages and dictate replies. Most impressively, Uconnect turns your car into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- The wizard with scissors
- Relationship Queries
- Are psychics the new detectives?
- I am unavailable on phone because I'm minding my manners: Superna Motwane
- Are you a grudging loner?
- The King of Cufflinks
- Coca Cola to debut new low-calorie Coke next year
- Critics don't matter: Author Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi
- I'm too sexy for my bling?
- The rare and the beautiful
Ashish Soni: WIFW finale designer
In honour of Miss Universe Olivia Culpo, chef Savio Fernandes of JW Marriott creates a crown cake with chocolate
- Capital punishment: Delhi faces President's rule - 13 hours ago
- After Bullett Raja & R...Rajkumar in two weeks, Sonakshi Sinha has two releases on the same day - 11 hours ago
- Madhuri Dixit vows Huma with her nuanced performance in 'Dedh Ishqiya' - 5 hours ago
- Not batting well, but it happens, says MS Dhoni - 12 hours ago
- Why the Aam Aadmi Party is the new Congress - 12 hours ago