Home »  News »  India

Woman dies of suffocation in Jammu & Kashmir

Saturday, 8 March 2014 - 2:30pm IST | Place: Amphala (Jammu and Kashmir) | Agency: PTI
A woman died due to suffocation caused by gas heater in her house at Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
  •  rape.jpg RNA Research & Archives

A woman died due to suffocation caused by gas heater in her house at Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.

Shameema and her husband, Rayees Ahmad Lone, were found unconscious in their home at Sagipora village of Sopore yesterday, police said.

They said the couple was shifted to a hospital where Shameema was declared brought dead by doctors, while her husband was taken to SMHS hospital here for further treatment.

Preliminary investigations have revealed that the couple fell unconscious due to the suffocation caused by the gas heater which they had kept on in their room for warmth.

The body of the deceased woman was handed over to her next of kin for last rites, police said. 




Jump to comments