With cafes and fancy restaurants full of couples trying to squeeze in a date on Valentine's Day, celebrating at home might can turn out to be a very smart decision.
Helen Leigh-Jones, designer at furniture brand DFS, shares some tips on how to spruce up your place for an amazing romantic dinner, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
* Lighting is very important for an evening like this. Candles are perfect on Valentine's Day as they create the perfect soft, warm, romantic glow. Fairy lights are a lovely way of setting the mood as well.
* Flowers are always welcome on Valentine's Day. It is important to choose fresh rose petals to scatter around your home or place a few small arrangements throughout the house
* Making a comfortable love seat will also help. Make sure you have a throw, a box of chocolates and some wine within arm's length so you don't have to move from each other's arms all evening.
* Turn off all modern technologies like the phone and the television.
* Change the place of dining. A rug on the living room floor will be nice for a romantic picnic.