Family members of slain Lance Naik Hemraj have written to the Prime Minister expressing anger over a video clip purportedly showing a person carrying the severed head of the soldier, who was decapitated by Pakistan Army regulars on the LoC a year ago.
Though the video clipping is blurred, Hemraj's wife Dharmawati and his mother Meena Devi claimed that the head shown in it is that of the soldier.
The video, aired by some TV channels and also carried by social media on January 9, showed a person who according to media reports was a terrorist, allegedly parading the severed head of Hemraj on Pakistani soil along with his other belongings including torch batteries and low denomination Indian currency.
In the letter to the Prime Minister sent last evening, Hemraj's family expressed anger over the incident and asked the government why no strong measures have been taken.
After the surfacing of the video, angered local residents and political outfits held protests and burnt Pakistan effigies in the district, SSP Mathura Gulab Singh said.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had yesterday said that it could be a "serious issue" if found true that the video was indeed that of Lance Naik Hemraj who was beheaded by Pakistan Army regulars along the LoC last year.
"However, we should not act with anger and in a rage because we have seen many times that many fake videos are used to incite people," he had said.
The Army Headquarters, however, has refused to comment on the issue saying they were not in a position to say anything on the content of the video.