Former khadi minister Babulal Nagar, accused of raping a 35-year-old woman, finally gave his consent for a medical examination on Thursday.
His medical examination would be conducted on September 28. Earlier on Thursday, Ravi Nagar son of the accused minister, gave a written consent to investigation officials saying his father is out of town and is not absconding.
Highly placed sources informed that the letter says that Nagar will reach Jaipur by evening of September 27. The very next day, on September 28, he would undergo medical examination.
His family claimed that Nagar, who has been served multiple notices by the CID crime branch to report to its office for a medical examination and recording of his statement, had reportedly gone on a pilgrimage.
“Nagar is still untraceable and his location was not disclosed by his family members,” a crime branch source said, adding one of his relative, Ravi Nagar, delivered the letter of consent at the CID office. Earlier in the day, investigating officials interrogated family members and a woman employee working at the residence of Nagar and took their statements.
“Statements were taken from four of the family members. Another notice has been served on family members directing Nagar to remain present on September 28 for medical examination,” said VK Gaur Additional SP, CID-CB and Investigating officer of the case.