Home »  News »  India

Rajkot lawyer nominates ‘bro’ Narendra Modi as her heir

Thursday, 17 January 2013 - 4:07pm IST | Place: Ahmedabad | Agency: dna
Mina Raval, 42, an advocate has nominated chief minister Narendra Modi as her legal nominee in her savings and fixed deposits she holds in a branch of a nationalised bank.
  • dna

When it comes to Modi’s fan-following, there’s no end to the story of adulation for the chief minister — from being dubbed as vikaspurush to being put in the same league as Sardar Patel and Gandhiji. However, while many heap words of praises on him, this advocate in Rajkot has cemented her praise for Modi in bona fide bank documents.

Mina Raval, 42, an advocate has nominated chief minister Narendra Modi as her legal nominee in her savings and fixed deposits she holds in a branch of a nationalised bank. Thus, if she dies accidentally, Raval wants her ‘brother’ CM to get her deposits and use it for the promotion and development of tourism and welfare of Rajkot city police!

In the declaration for nomination form with the bank, she has mentioned Narendra Modi’s name and declared him as ‘brother’ in the column where a depositor has to declare the relationship with the nominee. It should be noted that the bank deposits are just a part of her largesse. She is also considering nominating Modi for her immovable property too. In that case, the apartment she owns at the plush Jagnath plot area of the city which runs into several lakhs of rupees too may go to her ‘brother’!

“For me, he (Modi) is a father figure. I have very high respect and regards for him. He is the true leader, a visionary which I have dreamt of when I was in college. I want my money to be used by him if I die,” Raval told DNA.

For the past 12 years, Raval has been practising law in civil and revenue cases in Rajkot. “I am unmarried. I want my funds to be used for the society’s good. I find only Modi to be the one who thinks about development and therefore I am nominating his name,” she explained.

“As of now, I have nominated his name only for my movable assets with banks. I am also planning a will in the near future. I may also donate some parts of my immovable assets to the chief minister,” she said.

According to her wishes, 75% of the funds are to be used in promotion and development of tourism in the state, while the remaining 25% are to be used for the welfare of police department in Rajkot city. “I like travelling and I think it needs further assistance. I also salute the police for their duty. I think these two areas need greater public funds,” she added.




Jump to comments