Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi is to address two rallies in Uttar Pradesh today.
Currently he is addressing his first rally in Hamirpur in Bundelkhand region.
Gandhi had earlier this month visited Aligarh and Rampur where he criticised the Samajwadi Party (SP) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for engineering communal riots in Muzaffarnagar in which over 40 people were killed
Excerpts from the speech:
* If you want employment you have to have infrastructure, buildings and occupations.
* We want to change the face of Uttar Pradesh
* UP govt said they won't implement food scheme till elections are over. Will hunger begin only after elections?
* In Rs 1, we will give you food grain. We fought for this in Parliament for years.
* Other parties say we need airports and roads,but the first thing we need is to give women and youth power.
* Through RTI, you can now question your officers. Who brought RTI? We did.
* SP govt promised you employment but did they keep it, asks
* The funds sent by the Centre for Bundelkhand vanished. People could not get its benefits.
* We need to hear the screaming voices of Uttar Pradesh.
* State govt not passing on the benefits of Central govt schemes.
* We have to join Bundelkhand with the world through rail lines.
* Till there is no industrialisation in Bundelkhand, you will have to go to Mumbai, Rajasthan for jobs.
* People should not move to Delhi and Mumbai, progress should come to Bundelkhand.
* You elected the Samajwadi Party govt in 2012, but nothing changed.
* Lakhs of jobless youth are found in Mumbai, Delhi. SP govt has failed them.
* Your voice reaches Delhi but it doesn't reach Lucknow.
* In 2009, Budelkhand’s farmers said they had drought, we waived farm loans all across India.
* The power of the youth in Uttar Pradesh is the largest in the entire country.
Stay tuned for his second speech.