The nation also awaits Prime Minister Narendra Modi's maiden Independence Day speech from the Red Fort. Modi will, on Friday, morning address the nation from the ramparts of the historic Red Fort for the first time and is expected to lay bare the priorities and vision of his government. It will be his first big address to the nation and comes just weeks before his government completes 100 days in office.
Watch the President's address here:
* India is a young country. Success is bore of action. Now is the time for action.
* Has our democracy become too noisy? Have we lost the art of contemplating and silent thinking? The time is to restore the glory of our institution including our Parliament and the judiciary.
* India is a beacon of democracy. Must defend secular fabric with vigour.
* Attempts are being made by militias to create theocratic nations.
* Intolerance and violence is a betrayal to democracy. Those who believe in the poison drip of inflammatory provocation do not understand India's values or even its present political impulses. Indians know that progress, economic or social, is difficult without peace. Though an ancient civilisation, India is a modern nation with modern dreams. Intolerance and violence is a betrayal of the letter and spirit of democracy.
* India is a modern nation with modern dreams. But progress is difficult without peace.
* Clean environment breeds clean thoughts. The PM's call to make clean India by 2019 is commendable.
* Compassion for all, self-restraint is imperative.
* The decisive challenge is to end poverty. We have to move towards elimination of poverty
* India callas for culture specific governance. It calls for constructive partnership between sate and people.
* Good governance is critically dependent on rule of law and wider involvement of the civil society. The people come first.
* India demands creative thinking in development.
* After three decades a clear majority and increase in voter turnout shows the vitality of our democracy.
* Freedom is a clebration, Independence is a challenge.
Meanwhile, earlier today, Prime Minister Modi took it to twitter to greet Pakistan on their Independence day. Modi tweeted, " On the occasion of their Independence Day, I convey my greetings to the people of Pakistan. On the other hand Pakista Sharif said promotion of peaceful relations with neighbours is the cardinal principle of his foreign policy. "We are a peaceful country. We are striving for peace within the country and also want durable peace on our borders," he said.
Also, Doordarshan will also telecast translation of the address in regional languages from 8:00 to 8:30 pm, while AIR will broadcast regional language versions of the address from 9:30 pm onwards.