Judicial appointment bill passed in Rajya Sabha.
Constitution Amendment Bill to facilitate setting up of National Judicial Commission for appointment of judges passed in Rajya Sabha
Uproar in Lok Sabha as Mulayam Singh Yadav speaks on Communal Violence Bill
Voting on Judicial bill in Rajya Sabha. Judges appointment bill faces Rajya Sabha test.
Rajya Sabha passes Constitutional Ammendment Bill.
Government will not "break" 'Ram Sethu' for the proposed Sethusamudram shipping canal project and will make efforts to see that the navigation system is put in place without damaging it, Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari informed Lok Sabha today.
Giving in to opposition pressure, the government today referred the controversial Insurance Bill to the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The House adopted a motion in this regard after Finance Minister Arun Jaitley moved it while informing members that the panel has been asked to look into the Bill and submit its report on the last day of the first week of the next session.The Committee will have Chandan Mitra, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Jagat Prakash Nadda (all BJP), Anand Sharma, BK Hariprasad and JD Seelam (all Cong), Satish Chandra Misra (BSP), KC Tyagi (JD-U), Derek O'Brien (TMC), V Maitreyan (AIADMK), Naresh Gujral (SAD), Ram Gopal Yadav (SP), Kalpataru Das (BJD), P Rajiv (CPI-M) and Rajiv Chandrasekhar (Ind) as its members.
Opposition MPs seek immediate discussion on Judicial appointment bill.
- Trinamool, along with other parties, demands the suspension of Question Hour to take up discussion on Judicial Appointments Commission Bill.
- Sudip Bandyopadhyay raises the issue of bad condition of National Highways in West Bengal during Question Hour in Lok Sabha.
- Derek O'Brien raises the issue of "retirement" of Radio Jockeys at the age of 35 across radio stations during Question Hour in Rajya Sabha.
Following is the Parliament Schedule for August 14, 2014
1. Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2014 2. Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, 2014
3. Repealing and Amending Bill, 2014
4. Factories (Amendment) Bill, 2014
5. Discussion on increasing atrocities against women and children
6. Discussion on need to evolve effective mechanism to deal with incidents of communal violence 7. Private Members' Resolutions
1. Constitution (121st Amendment) Bill, 2014 2. National Judicial Appointments Commission Bill, 2014
3. Discussion on the working of Women and Child Development Ministry
4. Labour Laws (Exemption from Furnishing Returns and Maintaining Registers by Certain Establishments) Amendment Bill, 2011