Wednesday was an action-packed day at Nirma University, which is playing host to amazing innovative ideas at a two-day project competition for engineering students.
Students from different engineering colleges displayed and presented their projects for the competition, organised by Nirma University's 'NirmaLabs' which incubates start up entrepreneurs in the field of technology.
The competition is Nirma University's attempt to encourage students to become innovators and entrepreneurs in the technical arena. This is the second time such an event is being organised in Gujarat.
Talking about the objective of the competition, event coordinator, Sachin Sehgal said, "The competition is to encourage students to come up with their novel indigenous ideas. It shows our support to innovative ideas."
The two-day competition boasts of a participation of 38 projects, each based on innovative ideas in engineering and technology including computer science, electrical and electronics, mechanical and chemical.
Various innovative projects that have the potential of becoming commercially viable have also taken part in the competitions.
Smart innovations like a lightweight motorcycle chassis built of iron sheet instead of the conventional iron pipes to boost mileage and other similar creations including robotic arms for inline factory manufacturing were the cynosure of experienced technical experts.
Other innovations that are taking part in the event include biogas power plant, recovery of precious metals from spent catalysts used in electroplating and others. The first and second prizes for the competition amounting Rs15,000 and Rs10,000, respectively, would be declared on the second day.
- Corrupt Bhartiya Janata Party and Congress should form government in Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal
- We are ready for fresh elections, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Bhartiya Janata Party is 'nakli' opposition, Rashtriya Janata Dal is real: Nitish Kumar
- Kiran Bedi meets Anna Hazare over Lokpal Bill
- Jaitapur nuclear project won't affect fishing in the area: Maharashtra government
- Can't comment on Congress supporting Aam Aadmi Party: Harsh Vardhan
- Congress rout won't affect Kerala: Oommen Chandy
- Social media gives bipolar reactions to Supreme Court verdict on Section 377, criminalising gay sex
- Anti-Congress wave sweeping the country: Mamata Banerjee
- Homosexuality ruling: Government hints at legislative route
- Love Salman Khan for promoting 'Dhoom 3' in 'Bigg Boss': Aamir Khan - 1 day ago
- Supreme Court makes gay sex punishable offence, activists dejected - 14 hours ago
- Will dance on 'Besharam' song at Ranbir Kapoor's wedding: Katrina Kaif - 1 day ago
- South Africa vs India, 3rd ODI: Either rain or courageous show from MS Dhoni & Co. will save India from drubbing - 16 hours ago
- Aamir Khan feels Shah Rukh Khan will do great job in next 'Dhoom' franchise - 6 hours ago