Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi addressing 'Vijay Shankhnaad Rally' rally in Gorakhpur, on Thursday.
Highlights of speech:
- Every time we have a new BJP rally, it breaks the record of our previous rallies.
- These record crowds indicate the direction in which the wind is now blowing.
- The people have already decided the result of the elections, it will be 'Congress mukt Bharat'.
- Statue of unity will be much taller and bigger than the Statue of liberty.
- Saw the trailer of 2014 Lok Sabha elections during assembly elections where BJP was voted to power in 4 states.
- It was said BJP could not win among SC/ST communities. But in Rajasthan we won all SC/ST reserved seats.
- Whenever elections are around the corner, Congress remembers the poor.
- It shows Congress's mentality that they can't tolerate a 'chai wala' walking with his head held high.
- Both central govt in Delhi and state govt in Lucknow don't care about the poor.
- Netaji, do you know the meaning of Gujarat? It means 24X7, 365 days of electricity. Netaji, you will never understand.
- Yes Neta ji you are right, that you can't turn UP into Gujarat, for that you need a 56-inch chest for that.
- You are not able to protect people, nor are you able to give employment to people. You are destroying this big state.
- Good governance is key to ending poverty. We are not poor. We are a rich nation who have been made poor.
- I have come here to make a promise to give you that India where you can dream, fulfill your ambitions.
- Parents are anxious till the time train in which their children are traveling doesn't reach Gujarat,once train is in Gujarat they relax.
Uttar Pradesh BJP unit president Laxmikant Bajpai said that the leaders in this rally would focus on various issues related to the region.
“All preparations for the rally are done. By God’s grace the weather is also fine. It will be a fantastic rally. And the leaders would focus on the issues related to this region. The entire ground will be filled with people,” he said.
Regarding the security arrangements made for the rally, Gorakhpur Superintendent of police (SP) Paresh Pandey said: “We have made a lot of security arrangements, and senior police officials from outside are also extending their assistance. We have four SSP senior officers, 36 DSP, 18 additional SPs, and more than 2000 constables,” he said.