Uproar in both Houses of Parliament after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led opposition created a ruckus over the Uttar Pradesh Government's decision to ban the Vishwa Hindu Parishad’s ‘Chaurasi Kosi Parikrama Yatra and the Mumbai gang-rape case where 23-year-old photojournalist was brutally violated by five men.
Mention was also made of the sexual assault case against godman Asaram Bapu. A 16-year-old had registered a case against him on August 15.
*Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha witnessed three adjournments each on the issue of the VHP yatra in the pre-lunch session.
* BJP MP Yogi Adityanath on the ban of VHP yatra, "The UP government has insulted saints. There was no politics in the yatra. What kind of a government is this? It bans yatra and lets go of terror suspects."
* Samajwadi party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said in Lok Sabha that the Ayodhya dispute was not new and the matter is pending in the court. He blamed the BJP of creating a situation of riots in the past. He said that the Supreme Court had issued a directive that no action should be taken until a decision has been made. He defended the party's decision to ban the yatra and said that they only followed what the Supreme court asked them to do. "SC directed that till the time there is no judgement nothing should happen. We didnt beat up anyone, we only maintained law and order," Yadav said.
* Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde also made a statement in Lok Sabha on the sexual assault case against spiritual leader Asaram Bapu. He said, "The matter is with the state government. I do not have much information on this."
* Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj raised concerns on Mumbai gang-rape case. SHe said, "Hang them, the incidents will stop Let us not just make laws, implement them too."
* Shinde said that he had asked the Maharashtra Home Minister to have the trial of the case in fast track court and also assured the House that early judgement will be delivered.
* "The statement of the male companion and of the survivor has been recorded, based on that the police released the sketches. A gang-rape case has been registered in the NM Joshi marg police station," Shinde said.
* Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde makes a statement on Mumbai gang-rape in Lok Sabha.
*Meanwhile, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said that the Prime Minister would not give a statement on the coal block allocation scam.