* Modi concludes speech with chants of "Bharat Mata ki Jai" and "Vande mataram".
* Modi recites the lines of a patriotic poem sent to him by someone.
* I will not let the country's coffers get invaded by any claw referring to Congress' party symbol). Neither would I allow any one riding on cycles, nor those seated on elephants to grab the country's coffers, says Modi.
* Coming decade belongs to the oppressed, the backward, the marginalised, the Dalits: Narendra Modi in Lucknow
* We are optimistic party. See our strength & see our democratic values- a poor person from backward section like me was nominated as PM candidate.
* For them secularism is a slogan for us its an article of faith: Narendra Modi in Lucknow
* There secularism is about votebank politics. Ours is about India first. For them it's power for us is Sarva Pantha Sambhav: Modi
* To hide their failures they are hiding under garb of secularism and misleading others: Narendra Modi
* They say forget jobs, forget water, forget prices let's talk of secularism, it is under threat: Narendra Modi
* I was waiting for the Minister to say his buffaloes getting lost is a threat to secularism. I am waiting for him to say this: Narendra Modi
* There is a limit to shamelessness: Narendra Modi in UP
* There is also a 3rd minister. He said 70 lakh corruption can't be. Our Central minister corruption can't do such less corruption: Modi
* See your Ministers in UP. One is tainted by coal scam. And 2nd one- he talks over the world but takes money from specially abled: Modi
* We have Kite industry. Muslim families are involved in this. We made it a booming sector and today it's above Rs500 crore: Narendra Modi
* You make tall claims but are unable to embrace path of development. That too when UP has so much potential: Narendra Modi
* Netaji please stop taking Lohia ji's name. The dance in functions and death in camps would pain Dr. Lohia: Narendra Modi
* Two groups in SP now. One is Samajvirodhi Party and other is Sukhwadi Party. They're only enjoying themselves: Narendra Modi
* What did you do in Kanpur? The nation won't accept Goondaism anymore. Netaji, let me not talk much about your working: Narendra Modi
* There is lawlessness under your nose. Women are not safe in UP. On what basis do you talk on "development" asks Narendra Modi
* Netaji, there is reservation in electricity here. Your area gets power but others don't: Narendra Modi in Lucknow
* Rather than criticising Gujarat it would have been better had to talked about what you did for people of UP: Narendra Modi
* I have always believed in development over votebank politics. Thankfully Netaji (Mulayam) had to leave votebank politics and talk on development.
* If we want to change India we have to begin from UP. Once UP develops then India will develop very fast: Narendra Modi
* India will be Samrudh when we sow seeds of Samrudh Uttar Pradesh. Else it's not possible: Narendra Modi in Lucknow
* Atal ji said the road too Delhi is from Lucknow. The pride with which he talked about Lucknow had lot of strength: Narendra Modi
* No one can tarnish your image of tehzeeb. Those in power want to destroy that culture: Narendra Modi
* Today I come a place whose identity of tehzeeb for years: Narendra Modi
* When we come to remember we remember Atal ji. How much we learnt from him. You are lucky you won over Atal ji: Narendra Modi
* (Everyone's destruction is guaranteed) Sabka vinash tai hai - SP, BSP and Congress. They will be uprooted: Narendra Modi
* It seems there is a BJP wave. Today it is a wave. Once elections are declared it will be a tsunami: Narendra Modi
* There were 8 rallies but each was one above the other. There is a Kesariya Samandar in Lucknow today: Narendra Modi
* Tomorrow the Class X and XII exams also begin for many youngsters. My best wishes to them. India's future depends on them: Narendra Modi
* We are with the farmers who suffered losses: Narendra Modi
* Yesterday there was rain and hail in several places. Farmers have suffered losses. These losses are not theirs alone: Narendra Modi
* Narendra Modi takes stage, addresses rally in Lucknow.
* I have so say one more thing- it is a very blessed day for us- Kalyan Singh ji has quit Parliament and joined BJP: Rajnath Singh
* Make one promise, like in 1977 give all seats of UP to BJP: Rajnath Singh in Lucknow
* Congress government is surviving due to SP & BSP support. They are looting the nation: Rajnath Singh
* People of UP are feeling cheated seeing the work of the SP government...police are deputed to find buffaloes of ministers: Rajnath Singh
* Rajnath also rakes up the issue of INS Sindhuratna mishap, saying how could such a grave mistake be committed when the country's security is concerned.
* Rajnath Singh goes on to lambast the SP government in Uttar Pradesh, regretting the condition of sugarcane farmers.
* No law and order prevails in UP. Women are not safe here. But if a minister's buffalo gets stolen, the government tries its best to recover the cattle. There is a phrase, "Akal badi ya bhains?" I would say - "bhains badi ya sarkar" - mocks Rajnath Singh.
* No other political leader has been subjected to as much criticism as Narendra Modi. Since 2002, Modiji has been on the receiving end of endless verbal attacks. His poularity has soared to extreme heights - says Rajnath Singh.
* Rajnath Singh addresses rally, heaps praises on the state of Lucknow, calling it a city of Nawabs, a city of 'tehzeeb', (etiquette).
* BJP chief Rajnath Singh invited to the dias to address the crowd.
* Joshi lauds Modi for his firm stance on China.
* Senior BJP leader and former HRD Minister Dr Murli Manohar Joshi addresses the crowd.
* Modi arrives at the venue in Lucknow as BJP leader Uma Bharati is addressing the crowd.
* Kalyan Singh who returned to the BJP joining the party formally here at the rally said that this time the people have decided that Modi will be the PM. "It will be a visionary, the Loh Purush, the Vikas Purush, who will occupy the PM's seat," he said.
* Former UP CM Kalyan Singh is speaking.
* Narendra Modi to speak shortly
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will address a massive rally in Lucknow on Sunday.
The Lucknow's 'Vijay Shankhnaad' rally will be Modi's eighth rally in Uttar Pradesh since his anointment as the BJP prime ministerial candidate.
BJP general secretary and Uttar Pradesh in-charge Amit Shah and other party leaders in the state have closely monitored the preparations for the rally.
The party has made elaborate arrangements to bring BJP supporters to the venue. As many as 29 trains are booked for ferrying the party cadres and supporters to the venue.
—With Agency inputs