The Kerala wildlife department has removed the name of Australian crocodile hunter Steve Irwin from the crocodile park at Neyyyar after his widow sent a legal notice alleging violation of intellectual property rights.
Wildlife department sources said the park has been renamed 'Agasthya Crocodile Rehabilitation and Research Centre' after Steve's widow Terri Irwin sent a legal notice against using her late husband's name and his trade mark picture without her consent.
"Based on the decision to rename the park, the picture engraved at the gate of the park showing Steve handling a crocodile will be removed," warden Anil Antony said.
The state wildlife department had named the Neyyar crocodile park after Steve Irwin in 2005, shortly after Steve's death in a stingray attack while shooting a film on the Australian coast. The state forest department had claimed this was the first ever memorial to Irwin.
- Digvijaya Singh meets Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan on Telegana
- Vasundhara Raje to be sworn in as Rajasthan Chief Minister today
- Aam Aadmi Party steals the show at Anna Hazare's hunger strike for anti-graft law
- Fodder scam: Supreme Court to hear Lalu Yadav's bail plea today
- Lokpal Bill tabled in Rajya Sabha
- Supreme Court grants bail to Lalu Prasad Yadav in fodder scam case
- Lokpal Bill to come up in Rajya Sabha today, says Sushilkumar Shinde
- LeT operative being trailed for past one week: Sushilkumar Shinde
- Valley hosts first Kashmir International film Festival
- Anna Hazare's indefinite fast for Jan Lokpal Bill enters fourth day
- Delhi LIVE: BJP rejects offer to form government, Lt Governor invites Aam Aadmi Party for discussions - 16 hours ago
- Sreesanth ties knot with Jaipur princess - 1 day ago
- Bigg Boss 7: Sunny Leone to turn up the heat as Armaan, Kushaal, Sangram & Ajaz vie for her attention - 16 hours ago
- Former Bigg Boss inmate Sofia Hayat files complaint against Armaan Kohli - 22 hours ago
- A sad day for India and for the world: American LGBT organisation All Out - 1 day ago