Home »  News »  India

I have truth by my side: Preity Zinta breaks silence on Facebook

Saturday, 14 June 2014 - 4:19pm IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: PTI

  • preity-zinta Preity Zinta

Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, who has accused her former boyfriend and businessman Ness Wadia of molestation and abuse, on Saturday said she had to take the "stern step" as the incident took place in front of "way too many people" and hoped the police will do their job "fairly and quickly".

Calling it a "fight for respect at my workplace", the actress said she had truth by her side but was saddened that "no one at work or around ever stood up for me in the past when I was abused and insulted publicly."

"This time I was left with no option but to take this stern step as this incident happened in front of way too many people," Zinta, 39, who had filed a police complaint against Wadia on Thursday night, said in a statement posted on Facebook.


Zinta requested that the incident should not be diluted by "every other fabricated story about my character" and made into a TV soap.

"Ironically what happened at Wankhade is being diluted by every other fabricated story about my character except the truth of what happened. I'm sure the witnesses will speak the truth and I trust and believe that the police will do their job fairly and quickly.

"No woman likes to be involved in a controversy like this which makes her open and vulnerable for all to take a dig at... All these years I have never said anything about him in the media but now I have no choice," she said.

The actress said her intention is not to harm any one but only to "protect myself" and requested the media for privacy.

"This is a very difficult time for me and I would like to request the media to please respect my privacy regarding this matter. My intention is not to harm any one but only to protect myself," she said.

An FIR was lodged after the actress, who jointly owns Kings XI Punjab IPL cricket team with Wadia, filed a complaint at Marine Drive Police station against him alleging that he molested, abused and threatened her inside Wankhede stadium in south Mumbai on May 30.

Wadia said he was shocked by the complaint and termed the allegations as false and baseless

Jump to comments

Recommended Content