Fire broke out in a State Bank of India ATM kiosk at a shopping complex in Noida today.
A short circuit caused the fire in the ATM kiosk at Lagerstroemia shopping complex today afternoon, fire department officials said.
Initially, the ATM guard tried to douse it by using fire extinguishers. He later informed the fire department when the blaze started spreading.
"Firemen reached the site and extinguished the fire within an hour and managed to save the Rs one crore cash in the ATM," Fire Station Officer Matloob Hashan said.