*EC show cause notice to Rahul Gandhi for his alleged remarks that 22,000 people will be killed if BJP comes to power; wants his response by May 12.
*Rahul Gandhi to hold roadshow in Varanasi tomorrow- For more, click here
*Election Commission gives clean to Amit Shah for Azamgarh speech calling the place a 'base of terrorists' - More details here
* Mamata Banerjee claims she would have had Narendra Modi arrested if she was in Delhi at the time - More details here
* At a rally in Deoria, Rahul Gandhi was booed by chants of Har Har Modi - More details here
* Nod to Narendra Modi rally denied on basis of Gujarat Police input: Election Commission - More details here
* After Narendra Modi, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Friday held a roadshow in Varanasi and derided the BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate for resorting to "helicopter and corrupt politics". Read more about here
* In a flip flop, the Election Commission on Friday said exit polls will be banned till May 16, the day of counting, but soon after clarified that the prohibition will be in place only till the end of the last phase of polling on May 12. Read more here
* Chaos erupted at a rally of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi after Modi supporters allegedly broke barricades and tried to get closer to the stage. This is the second incident of chaos happening in a Modi rally. In March, there was chaos in Modi’s Gaya rally. Meanwhile, addressing the rally, Modi urged people to exercise their right to vote in good numbers.
*Gul Panag has now clarified that she was not attacked, however another party member, tv show anchor Raghu was injured in Varanasi.
Just read about me being 'attacked'. Incorrrect. Safe & sound. #Varanasi
— Gul Panag (@GulPanag) May 9, 2014
Oh well. I just got attacked by 2 guys with lathis inside BHU! They were outsiders. The BHU boys chased them away. #BJPKeGunde
— raghu ram (@tweetfromRaghu) May 9, 2014
* AAP claims their party members Gul Panag and Raghu were attacked on the campus of the Benaras Hindu University by what they claim were BJP workers. Raghu on a news television channel stated these workers suddenly walked in and started swinging lathis against them.
* AAP has also claimed its candidate in East Champaran district was attacked by BJP workers. Read more details here
* Arvind Kejriwal's family, Amit Shah and all party workers who are not voters of Varanasi will have to leave Varanasi before election day- Read more here
* BJP doesn't believe in political untouchability, open to support from any party: Amit Shah.
* Amit Shah reiterates BJP's demand for the removal of the District Collector of Varanasi at a press conference in Varanasi. Read more here
* Amit Shah has demanded paramilitary forces be stationed at every voting booth during the last phase of elections, especially in Varanasi.To read the entire details of Amit Shah's press conference, click here
* Narendra Modi has said the use of 'unch, neech' terms don't look good for a leader like Sonia Gandhi - Read more here
* BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Friday said communal, vote bank and dynastic politics have ruined the nation. "Vote bank, communal and caste-based politics have ruined the country," Modi said at a election rally here. Addressing the rally when Modi asked whether the country should be freed from such politics, the people responded with a roaring "yes". Calling out to the youths, Modi said: "If our country continues with such politics, then the way 60 years of your parents' life got ruined, your future too will be ruined."
* Mamata Banerjee targets Narendra Modi again. Claims has anointed himself PM even before the results are out.
* Arvind Kejriwal begins road show; says confident of record victory. Read more here
Omar Abdullah has commented on the issue saying, "the gangs moving around trying to terrorise those who voted will not be tolerated."
First things first - the gangs moving around trying to terrorise those who voted will not be tolerated. 1/n
— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) May 9, 2014
Can't have freedom to choose not to vote without allowing allowing people who want to vote a similar choice. 2/n
— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) May 9, 2014
* Central Goverment has informed the Supreme Court that there is no proposal to set up a commission to probe the snooping scandal that involves the Gujarat government. The snooping scandal has been used by the Congress to target the BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and with this latest update, it seems the UPA led central government may be giving this issue a burial. SC has also refuses to stay proceedings of the committee appointed by Gujarat govt into snoopgate and asks the woman and her father to approach the state HC.
* Mayawati claims she will not join any alliance with the NDA as long as Narendra Modi is their prime ministerial nominee. Seeing poor condition of NDA, Narendra Modi has claimed he is ready to take support of Jayalalitha, Mamata Banerjee and Mayawati: BSP supremo. Read more here
* Constitutional bodies have no immunity from criticism: BJP - BJP today justified its attack on the Election Commission over denial of permission to Narendra Modi's rally in Varanasi, saying constitutional institutions have no immunity from criticism.
*CBI to probe Saradha scam: Supreme Court - In a setback to West Bengal government, the Supreme court Friday handed over investigation into Saradha chit fund scam to the CBI. Ten things you need to know about the Saradha Scam
* BSP Chief Mayawati to address rally in Varanasi today - She has claimed that the Samajwadi Party used the district administration of Varanasi to benefit BJP and vitiate atmosphere of free and fair election.
(With agency inputs)