In a rather belated move, the Shiv Sena - BJP alliance in Maharashtra on Wednesday released their manifesto detailing their plans if elected in the Lok Sabha elections.
We took a look at the manifesto and here are the highlights
* Abolishing LBT – The alliance has promised that Local Body Tax would be abolished in Maharashtra and a new alternative implemented instead.
* Maharashtra Toll Free – Borrowing from the MNS's agitation, the Mahayuti has promised to make Maharashtra's highways and roads completely toll free.
* Dr Ambedkar Memorial – A new memorial in honor of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar at Indu Mills in Mumbai.
* Push for Infrastructure – A renewed push to infrastructure projects that have lagged in the last 10 years which includes the modernisation of railway stations including Andheri, implementation of MUTP II and other pending railway projects in the city.
* Change the name of the Bombay High Court – The alliance also promises to change the name of the Bombay High Court to Mumbai High Court.
* Shivaji Memorial – Fast track the building of a memorial in honour of Maharashtra's iconic leader Shivaji
* Increase security along the coast of Maharashtra and protect the coast from terror elements. (Maharashtra has been attacked via its sea coast atleast twice and coastal security continues to remain an issue)
Interestingly many of the promises are issues that can be dealt with at the state level and do not need the involvement of the center.