Maharaj alleged that the CBI had tried to mislead the court.
"There were no allegations on me, the judge only appealed that I should be present at the dates given. My lawyer was present but went to the washroom for five minutes and in that time only the court proceeding started and the notice was sent. And I wasn't aware of it till now. I told the judge that the way the proceeding went on was not right. I also said to the CBI lawyers that they should not do such kind of investigation. They have tried to mislead the court," said Maharaj.
He added that his address is not going to change in this life and thanked court for the bail.
Maharaj's lawyer Prashant Singh Atal also denied allegations on the MP for never being present during the court hearings.
"On July 14 he was not present in the court for the first time. This is wrong to say that he is never present for court hearings. A non bail-able warrant was passed on that day after the rejection of our exemption application. He wasn't able to be present because at that time budget session was going on in the parliament for which he had to be present on Monday. But the CBI gave wrong information to the court that he could not be found anywhere," said Atal.
"Today we moved the recall application of court. We gave the actual reason behind his absence. The CBI has misled the court and claimed that he has changed his address. After our hearing the court has recalled it and has given another date of July 28 for the next hearing," Atal added.
He also said that so far 136 evidences have already given their statements in the Babri Masjid demolition case and now it's on the last stage of trial.
Maharaj was one of the accused in Babri Masjid demolition case. On July 22, he was declared an absconder for being absent from trials in court on the Babri Masjid demolition case.
Earlier, the court had also issued an arrest warrant against him for being close to Kalyan Singh who was the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh when Babri Masjid was demolished in 1992.