Congress Party leader Manish Tewari said today that the current government is squarely responsible for what has been happening on the Line of Control (LoC) and on the International Border.
Tewari told ANI, "It is squarely the responsibility of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Government at the Centre. For ten years, they said that terror and talks can't go hand-in-hand, and even before the government is formed, they sent an invitation to Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif."
"After that two dozen-odd border intrusions took place, Hafeez Saeed's name was deleted from the 26/11 charge sheet, the 26/11 trial was stalled because the prosecutors were being threatened, but this government maintained a deafening silence, thereby, encouraging the ISI and its instrumentalities to execute their proxy war and their strategy of trying to bleed India with a thousand cuts", he added.
"So, when you do not have a coherent strategy towards Pakistan, this is what you are going to get," he added.
Previously, Tewari had criticized the government for sending out contradictory signals to Pakistan.
Yesterday, Pakistan troops violated the ceasefire again in Samba District, heavily shelling 40-odd Border Out Posts (BoPs) and 24 villages along the International Border, leaving three persons injured.
According to reports, there have been 33 ceasefire violations since July 16.