Home »  News »  India

43 students taken ill in Bengal after having poisonous drink

Wednesday, 27 August 2014 - 12:05am IST | Place: Howrah (WB) | Agency: PTI

 At least 43 students, including 23 girls, were taken ill after having poisonous drink during tiffin hours at primary school in West Bengal's Howrah district today. The students of Chengale Chowktashi primary school have been admitted to the Uluberia hospital where they have been declared out of danger, officials said.

Uluberia (East) MLA and minister Haider Ajid and parliamentary secretary Pulak Ray visited the hospital and took stock of the situation. The lady hawker who sold the drink have been detained for interrogation. A probe has been ordered into the incident.

Jump to comments

Recommended Content