The state government on Friday issued notification of an increase in the salaries of judges of subordinate courts in Gujarat as per the guidelines of the National Judicial Pay Commission. The state legal department has issued the new Gujarat Subordinate Judicial Services (Revision of Pay) Rules 2009, which will be deemed to have come into from January 1, 2006.
The salaries of the judges under the new pay scale will be increased by 42 per cent to 91 per cent as compared to their existing pay.
The existing pay scale of the posts specified in column 2 of Schedule A of Judicial Officers will be revised according to the pay scale respectively specified against it in column 4 thereof and the pay in the revised scale will be fixed in a manner prescribed in rule 6.
- CMDA seals building owned by Reliance Industries
- dna exclusive: Poll debacle brings Sonia Gandhi back at helm
- Defiant Ganguly refuses to quit as pressure mounts
- Sushil Kumar Modi claims Independents and Congress distancing from Nitish Kumar
- Thanks, but no thanks: Arvind Kejriwal on taking or giving support to any political party
- Manmohan Singh assures Captain Sunil James' family that government will get his release from Togo jail
- Telangana tangle: Congress trying to avert downfall, says BJP
- Only 34% of graduates are employable: Survey
- Red alert: Supreme Court ruling offers no beacon of hope for self-styled leaders
- Anna Hazare fasts fourth time for Jan Lokpal, government promises bill in current session
- Love Salman Khan for promoting 'Dhoom 3' in 'Bigg Boss': Aamir Khan - 9 hours ago
- Will dance on 'Besharam' song at Ranbir Kapoor's wedding: Katrina Kaif - 9 hours ago
- After Bullett Raja & R...Rajkumar in two weeks, Sonakshi Sinha has two releases on the same day - 1 day ago
- Narendra Modi is a joker with a dirty mouth: Mani Shankar Aiyar - 18 hours ago
- Why the Aam Aadmi Party is the new Congress - 1 day ago