Home »  News »  India

300 students fell ill after eating lunch in school in Ganjam

Wednesday, 20 August 2014 - 11:01pm IST | Place: Berhampore (Ganjam) | Agency: PTI

Over 300 school students in Sanakhemundi block of Ganjam district were taken ill after having lunch in the school today, police said. The sick students were admitted in the local hospital and their condition stated to be good. "Most of the students were discharged after treatment and condition of other students are reportedly good," said Block Development Officer, Sanakhemundi, Abhimanyu Majhi.

Over 300 students belonging to Class 1 to VIII in the Nodal Primary School and Kasturba Gandhi Abasika Balika Vidyalaya at Adapada consumed the rice and egg curry, prepared by a local self help group (SHG) in the school, said head master Surendra Bisoi. After eating the food, some students felt uneasy and started vomiting, while several others complained about the leaver pain, he said.

"All were treated in the hospital and only 10 students are presently undergoing treatment in the hospital," said the headmaster. The doctors treating the students suspected they were suffering from food poisoning. District project officer, Sharva Shikshya Abhiyan (SSA) Sudam Mandal said he had asked the education officers to shift the sick students to MKCG Medical College an Hospital, if any student found critical




Jump to comments