Home »  News »  India

2011 Delhi HC blast main accused killed in J&K encounter

Friday, 21 December 2012 - 6:00am IST | Place: Srinagar | Agency: DNA
DNA was the first to report about the video in which Chota Hafiz had broken silence and requested the Centre to re-investigate the case and take necessary action against the guilty.

Security forces achieved a major success on Thursday when they killed the main accused in the 2011 Delhi High Court blast case at Qaderna village in Kishtwar district of Jammu division.
The police said Shakir Hussian alias Chota Hafiz of Hizb-ul-Mujhadeen was killed in an encounter with the police and 11 Rashtriya Riffles on Thursday evening.

“Chota Hafiz was killed in an encounter at around 7.30pm near Qaderna village. It was a joint operation of the police and 11 RR,” BS Tuti, superintendent of police, Kishtwar told DNA.
The 26-year-old Hafiz was among the two surviving militants accused in the Delhi blast case that left 15 people dead and 50 others injured on September 7, 2011. The second accused Amir Ali Kamal alias Akram was gunned down by the security forces in a fierce encounter in Trothil forests of Kishtwar district in Jammu division on August 6.

The whereabouts of the 17-year-old Junaid Akram Malik alias Juni are still not known. It is suspected that Junaid might have been killed by militants in an inter-militant arrival. National Investigation Agency (NIA) had put a bounty of Rs10 lakh bounty on each of the three accused in the blast case.

Chota Hafiz’s wife had given birth to a baby boy last month sending the security forces in a tizzy since they have been tracking him for the last one year in the mountains and jungles of Kishtwar district. Chota Hafiz had released a rare video to the media in August denying the involvement in the Delhi blast case. DNA was the first to report about the video in which Chota Hafiz had broken silence and requested the Centre to re-investigate the case and take necessary action against the guilty.


Jump to comments