NEW DELHI: You do not need to be a numerologist to find the date - 08.08.08 interesting.
Although astrologers, numerologists and Feng Shui experts differ on the 'auspiciousness' of the date, yet they agree it is a special one. Even the Chinese are kicking off the Olympics on 08.08.08.
"In India, we believe that the number 8 is an unlucky number. However, the Chinese believe it to be a very lucky number. It has also proved to be lucky for them," says Bejan Daruwalla, famous astrologer.
Numerologist Swetta Jhumani believes, "The date is special. Although the number 8 is not a very auspicious number in numerology, yet the presence of three 8 takes the total to 24 (8+8+8=24), which is considered a good number in numerology."
Mumbai-based numerologist Niraj Mancchanda agrees, "Three 8's together offset the negative vibes of the number 8 as the total is 24. Otherwise, disasters could have happened. Many disasters have occurred on the 8th or on a date, the total of which comes to 8.
The number 8 is not a very auspicious number. It brings hardship and bad luck."
But Feng Shui experts says that the number 8 is a very auspicious number.
"It is a very auspicious number. The number 8 brings us fortune and wealth. This is the reason why the Chinese are kicking off the Olympics on 08.08.2008," says Charuhas Naik, a well-known Feng Shui expert.
However, Jhumani says, "Most of the earthquakes in China have happened on the 8th. Even though, they are orgainsing the biggest sporting extravaganza in the world on 08.08.2008."
The date is not a good one for organising marriage and other auspicious ceremonies, believes numerolgists.
"The number - 8 is a karmic number, which brings success only when you struggle and work hard. It is either very good or very bad," adds Mancchanda.
- Narendra Modi to write to sarpanchs seeking iron for Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's statue
- Government school teacher in Kota arrested for sexual harassment
- Sri Jagannath Temple Administration signs MoU with NTPC
- No need for debate on Article 370: Shashi Tharoor
- Tehelka case: Shoma Chaudhury deposes before Chief Judicial Magistrate court
- Delhi awaits a political Super Sunday
- 1993 Mumbai serial blasts: Uncertainty over fresh parole for Sanjay Dutt
- Unravel truth about hunger, poverty, illiteracy and ill health: Pranab Mukherjee to young scientists
- IAF to fly MiG-21 FL into aviation history
- Pranab Mukherjee to lead Indian delegation at Nelson Mandela's funderal
- Sofia Hayat eliminated from 'Bigg Boss 7' - 6 hours ago
- Sunil Grover's show at the same time as Kapil Sharma's? - 15 hours ago
- I'm not here to make friends: Kareena Kapoor after hearing Ranbir Kapoor's statement - 12 hours ago
- 'Jai Ho' new poster: Salman Khan's favourite Sana Khan gets two back-to-back posters - 12 hours ago
- Indian television and film actor Vinay Apte no more, fans on Twitter mourn - 7 hours ago