*Agreed that the the two Foreign Secretaries will meet sooMy government stands ready to discuss all issues between both countries...we owe it to our people to overcome mistrust
*My government stands ready to discuss all issues between both countries...we owe it to our people to overcome mistrust
*Had a good and constructive meeting with PM Modi, it was a warm and cordial meeting- Nawaz Sharif
*Prime Minister Narendra Modi visits Manmohan Singh.
Along with Modi, 23 others took oath of office and secrecy as cabinet ministers, 10 as ministers with independent charge and 12 as ministers of state. The cabinet includes Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Venkaiah Naidu and Nitin Gadkari. Officially, no portfolios have been allotted.
* Sujatha Singh, Foreign Secretary addresses media on PM Narendra Modi's meetings with SAARC leaders. "PM had a substantive meeting with all SAARC leaders," informs Singh. "PM Narendra Modi today had good and substantive meetings with all 8 leaders who are visiting India."
It was good to see that all 8 leaders graciously came and joined us. PM said their presence enriched our celebrations. "This was a celebration of democracy in the region," noted Modi. All SAARC leaders invited the PM to visit. He accepted. The dates have to be worked out.
On his meeting with Afghanistan's Hamid Karzai, Singh said, "PM thanked Afghanistan Prez for their cooperation of Afghan forces in repelling the attack in Herat." President Karzai has made his views known, there was a discussion on Herat attack.
With Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Shariff, Modi underlined our concerns relating to terrorism."PM Modi conveyed to PM Nawaz Sharif that Pakistan must ensure speedy trial in 26/11 Mumbai attack case," Singh informed.
PM Modi recalled the unique relationship India shared with Mauritius during his meeting with PM Ramgoolam. With his meeting with PM Koirala, PM Modi noted that Nepal was a deeply valued, old friend with whom India shared history, geography.
During meeting with President Mahinda Rajapaksa, PM noted that India valued its relations with Sri Lanka. They also discussed the fishermen's issue. He urged Rajapaksa to expedite process of reconciliation which meets the aspirations of the Tamil population.
PM also hoped that Bangladesh will continue to be a important partner leading to the development of both nations.
* President Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif, President of Sri Lanka Mahinda Rajapaksa, President of Maldives Abdulla Yameen Gayoom, Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai
* Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif at Atal Bihari Vajpayee's residence
* Rajnath Singh will take chrage of the Home Ministry on May 29
* Gopinath Munde assumes charge as Rural Development Minister
* Harsimrat Kaur Badal takes charge as Minister of Food Processing Industries
* Narendra Modi Nawaz Sharif conclude 50-min long meeting, going over the stipulated 35 minute
* Modi raised key 5 points with Nawaz Sharif:
1. Terror attacks must end
2. 26/11 trials are unsatisfactory
3. No action against 26/11 plotters
4. Further regional co-operation on terror
5. Home Secretary talks due
* Narendra Modi meets Nawaz Sharif
Delhi: Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif meets PM Narendra Modi at Hyderabad House pic.twitter.com/Lvw44Sf7xN
— ANI (@ANI_news) May 27, 2014
* Talks begin between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. Read more
* Prime Minister of Nepal Sushil Koirala meets PM Narendra Modi at Hyderabad House
* Dharmendra Pradhan takes charge as the Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister
* Prime Minister of Mauritius Navin Ramgoolam meets PM Narendra Modi
* Safety is one of the important factors that needs to be taken care of: New Railway Minister DV Sadanand Gowda.
* Ravi Shankar Prasad takes charge as the law and justice minister
* Prime Minister of Bhutan Tshering Tobgay meets PM Narendra Modi at Hyderabad House
* President of Sri Lanka Mahinda Rajapaksa meets PM Narendra Modi at Hyderabad House
Delhi: President of Sri Lanka Mahinda Rajapaksa meets PM Narendra Modi at Hyderabad House pic.twitter.com/rAvCWAGSxN
— ANI (@ANI_news) May 27, 2014
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 Lakh each to next of kin of those deceased in Gorakhdam Express accident, Rs50,000 to injured. He has directed Railway Ministry to ensure relief operaations following Gorakhdham Express accident are carried out smoothly.
* President of Maldives Abdulla Yameen Gayoom meets PM Narendra Modi at Hyderabad House
* Arun Jaitley takes charge as Finance Minister
READ: Arun Jaitley, the eyes and ears of Narendra Modi
Few people in the central leadership of BJP could claim to have the ears of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Arun Jaitley can.
* Narendra Modi holds talks with Afghanistan's Hamid Karzai
* Modi pays tribute to Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
I pay my tributes to our 1st Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on his Punya Tithi.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 27, 2014
* Modi meets SAARC leaders at Hyderabad House
* Modi officially allocates Cabinet ministries:
PM Narendra Modi - Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space
Rajnath Singh - Home Minister
Sushma Swaraj - Foreign Ministry
M Venkaiah Naidu - Urban Development Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Parliamentary Affairs
Arun Jaitley - Finance, Defence
Nitin Gadkari - Transport Minister
DV Sadananda Gowda - Railways
ma Bharti - Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
Smriti Irani - Human Resource Development
Harsh Vardhan - Health and Family Welfare Ministry
Najma A.Heptullah - Minority Affairs
Gopinathrao Munde - Rural Development, Panchayati Raj Drinking Water and Sanitation
Ramvilas Paswan - Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
Kalraj Mishra - Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Maneka Sanjay Gandhi - Women and Child Development
Ananth Kumar - Chemicals and Fertilizers
Ravi Shankar Prasad - Communications and Information Technology and Law and Justice
Ashok Gajapathi Raju Pusapati - Civil Aviation,
Anant Geete - Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
Harsimrat Kaur Badal - Food Processing Industries
Narendra Singh Tomar - Mines Steel Labour and Employment
Jual Oram - Tribal Affairs
Radha Mohan Singh - Agriculture
Thaawar Chand Gehlot - Social Justice and Empowerment
Minister's of State:
VK Singh - Development of North Eastern Region (Independent Charge) External Affairs, Overseas Indian Affairs
Inderjit Singh Rao - Planning (Independent Charge) Statistics and Programme Implementation (Independent Charge) Defence
Santosh Kumar Gangwar - Textiles (Independent Charge) Parliamentary Affairs Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
Shripad Yesso Naik - Culture (Independent Charge) Tourism (Independent Charge), Dharmendra Pradhan: Petroleum and Natural Gas (IC)
Prakash Javadekar - Information and Broadcasting (Independent Charge) Environment, Forest and Climate Change (IC) Parliamentary Affairs
Piyush Goyal - Power (Independent Charge) Coal (Independent Charge) New and Renewable Energy (Independent Charge)
Jitendra Singh - Science and Technology (IC) Earth Sciences (IC) Prime Minister Office Personnel, Science Public Grievances and Pensions Department of Atomic Energy Department of Space
Nirmala Sitharaman- Commerce and Industry (Independent Charge) Finance Corporate Affairs
GM Siddeshwara - Civil Aviation, Manoj Sinha Railways, Nihalchand Chemicals and Fertilizers
Upendra Kushwaha - Rural Development Panchayati Raj Drinking Water and Sanitation, Radhakrishnan P Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
Kiren Rijiju - Home Affairs, Krishan Pal Road Transport& Highways Shipping, Sanjeev Kumar Balyan Agriculture Food Processing Industries
Mansukhbhai Dhanjibhai - Vasava Tribal Affairs, Raosaheb Dadarao Danve Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
Vishnu Deo Sai - Mines Steel Labour and Employment, Sudarshan Bhagat Social Justice and Empowerment
ALSO READ: All aboard: Narendra Modi sarkar tactfully balances allies, states
Narendra Modi seems to have rewarded Uttar Pradesh for giving the biggest chunk of 71 of the 80 seats by including eight ministers from the state in his council of ministers. Rajasthan, which delivered all its 25 seats to the BJP, got meagre representation in the first list. Only one — Nihal Chand Meghwal has got representation — and that too as Minister of State. The first sign of a rebellion in the BJP has come with reports saying that Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje was meeting her 25 MPs to discuss the situation. Read more
* Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif visits Jama Masjid
Delhi: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif reaches Jama Masjid pic.twitter.com/BesclEiJNX
— ANI (@ANI_news) May 27, 2014
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif offered prayers at the historic Jama Masjid in Delhi on Tuesday and also visited the Red Fort in Old Delhi area. Sharif, who arrived in Delhi on Monday to attend the swearing in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, visited Jama Masjid, one of Asia's largest mosques, and Mughal era monument the Red Fort along with other members of his delegation. Read more
ALSO READ: Can Nawaz Sharif convince India to resume cricketing ties?
When Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif decided to attend the swearing-in ceremony of his newly-elected Indian counterpart Narendra Modi, Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Najam Sethi saw an opportunity in it. As per highly placed sources in PCB, Sethi requested Sharif to make him a part of his delegation for India. Read more
* Narendra Modi takes charge
Delhi: 15th Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi takes charge pic.twitter.com/FLBKQkZOXC
— ANI (@ANI_news) May 27, 2014
Narendra Modi's younger, slimmer, gender-friendly Cabinet is here
One of the interesting aspects of prime minister Narendra Modi's cabinet formation is the inclusion of all the party bigwigs in his government.
Party chief Rajnath Singh, former presidents Nitin Gadkari and M.Venkaiah Naidu, leaders of opposition in the last parliament, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, Uma Bharti, Gopinath Munde are all now in the government. There is no senior leader left free to handle the party.
It is a known fact though that for important decisions like choosing the party president, Modi will have to consult the RSS top brass. Read more
SAARC makes history, comes together for a new experience at Narendra Modi's swearing-in
Soon after being sworn-in, prime minister Narendra Modi on Monday night met the leaders of SAARC countries, including Pakistan's prime minister Nawaz Sharif, at a dinner hosted by president Pranab Mukherjee. Modi had brief exchanges with Sharif as also with Afghan president Hamid Karzai, Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapaksa, Bhutan prime minister Tshering Tobgay, Nepal prime minister Sushil Koirala and Maldivian president Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom, official sources said. Read more
Pakistan PM Mr Nawaz Sharif catches a glimpse of ZEE group's upcoming channel 'Zindagi'
As Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited, the world's leading television network with 700-plus million viewers in 170 countries, prepares to launch its latest channel 'Zindagi' next month, primarily with content from Pakistan, Dr Subhash Chandra, Chairman, ZEEL & ESSEL Group, met with the visiting Pak prime minister Mr Nawaz Sharif, in New Delhi on Monday afternoon, and showcased a glimpse of the channel to Mr Shariff. Read more