Anoop Mandal, which openly says it is "against the doing of the Jain community", is organising a conference at Zundal; the news has infuriated Jains, who blame the mandal for the recent attacks on their monks. The Jain community has demanded that the state government stop the mandal from holding the conference, proposed to be held from November 17 to 19.
For its part, the mandal has said that there was nothing unusual about the event. "We have been organising the conference at Zundal for the past 12 years with the government' s permission," said Amrut Prajapati, the national president of Anoop Mandal. "Nearly 30,000 members of Anoop Mandal are expected to participate." There are more than 50 lakh mandal adherents, Prajapati said. "It is a public programme and people from all communities and religions are welcome — except Jains, of course."
As for the Jains, they have threatened to take to the streets if the conference were to go ahead.
Jasmin Shah, the president of Sarvadharm Rakshak Seva Trust, which has filed several police complaints against Anoop Mandal said, "We have lost our great Maharaj Saheb in road accident and the possibility of Anoop Mandal's involvement cannot be ruled out." Shah said the state government should not grant permission to organise the event. "It is an anti-Jain cult, which is specifically targeting the Jain monks," he said.
- Chidambaram for plugging regulatory gaps in financial sector
- Delhi gang-rape case: Court summons lady IO
- PM's office has never become the target of such humour and sarcasm as now: Arun Jaitley
- Manmohan Singh to table UPA II govt's last report card on Wednesday
- 7 family members found murdered in Ghaziabad, sharp edged weapon used
- Now, NMC woman officer alleges sexual harassment by her senior
- Two cops part of CM Akhilesh Yadav's security, seen hitting each other with lathis
- Jessica Lal murder case: Shayan Munshi to be charged with perjury
- Delhi Lokayukta indicts Sheila Dikshit for 'misuse' of public money
- Graft case: Court extends CBI custody of key coalgate probe member Vivek Dutt, 3 others
- Live! IPL spot-fixing: Vindoo Dara Singh spills the beans, was known as Jack in betting circles - 6 hours ago
- Phaneesh Murthy's second time around. Araceli Roiz alleges sexual harassment - 1 day ago
- IPL 6: CSK beat Mumbai Indians by 48 runs, make it to fourth consecutive IPL final - 1 day ago
- Sexual harassment: Few learn from mistakes - 9 hours ago
- Sreesanth bought clothes worth Rs2 lakh, gifted Blackberry Z10 to girlfriend: Police - 23 hours ago
- Sreesanth and the complete list of accused in IPL spot-fixing - 21 hours ago
- Sanjay Dutt's quick shift from Mumbai to Pune brings back memories of 'Operation X' - 9 hours ago
- Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan extends Cannes stay for amFar - 21 hours ago
- I'm innocent, never indulged in spot-fixing: Sreesanth - 22 hours ago
- iGate sacking: What LinkedIn users are saying - 22 hours ago