The Kerala wildlife department has removed the name of Australian crocodile hunter Steve Irwin from the crocodile park at Neyyyar after his widow sent a legal notice alleging violation of intellectual property rights.
Wildlife department sources said the park has been renamed 'Agasthya Crocodile Rehabilitation and Research Centre' after Steve's widow Terri Irwin sent a legal notice against using her late husband's name and his trade mark picture without her consent.
"Based on the decision to rename the park, the picture engraved at the gate of the park showing Steve handling a crocodile will be removed," warden Anil Antony said.
The state wildlife department had named the Neyyar crocodile park after Steve Irwin in 2005, shortly after Steve's death in a stingray attack while shooting a film on the Australian coast. The state forest department had claimed this was the first ever memorial to Irwin.
- Hamid Karzai seeks Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata Banerjee faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Many Class XII students still sceptical over Delhi University's four-year undergraduate programme: Survey
- Karunanidhi pained by internal bickering in DMK; appeals for unity
- Now, Government can arrest service tax defaulters
- Solution to every existing problem and the way to fulfil every dream is development: Narendra Modi
- PM, Li hold talks on crucial issues
- Two years not adequate to evaluate new government: Mamata Banerjee
- Chit-fund scam: Sudipta Sen faces protests outside court, sent to police remand
- India's weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- 'Slimmer' Aishwarya Rai is back at Cannes, daughter Aaradhya in hand - 15 hours ago
- IPL spot-fixing: Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against players, BCCI awaits inquiry report - 15 hours ago
- Ajit Chandila bought denims worth Rs 2.5 lakh - 15 hours ago
- It's time for the BJP to say 'Modi for PM' - 16 hours ago
- While shooting, I didn't think Ranbir Kapoor is my ex-boyfriend: Deepika Padukone - 17 hours ago
- Moon meteor blast 'visible to naked eye on Earth', says NASA - 8 hours ago
- IPL 6: Delhi Daredevils lose by 38 runs to Pune Warriors, finish last - 10 hours ago
- Google I/O 2013: Things you should know - 17 hours ago
- IPL 6: Hyderabad qualify for IPL play-offs, knock Bangalore out - 6 hours ago
- 'Suffocating' Sanjay Dutt will not file plea to change cell - 18 hours ago