Wednesday was an action-packed day at Nirma University, which is playing host to amazing innovative ideas at a two-day project competition for engineering students.
Students from different engineering colleges displayed and presented their projects for the competition, organised by Nirma University's 'NirmaLabs' which incubates start up entrepreneurs in the field of technology.
The competition is Nirma University's attempt to encourage students to become innovators and entrepreneurs in the technical arena. This is the second time such an event is being organised in Gujarat.
Talking about the objective of the competition, event coordinator, Sachin Sehgal said, "The competition is to encourage students to come up with their novel indigenous ideas. It shows our support to innovative ideas."
The two-day competition boasts of a participation of 38 projects, each based on innovative ideas in engineering and technology including computer science, electrical and electronics, mechanical and chemical.
Various innovative projects that have the potential of becoming commercially viable have also taken part in the competitions.
Smart innovations like a lightweight motorcycle chassis built of iron sheet instead of the conventional iron pipes to boost mileage and other similar creations including robotic arms for inline factory manufacturing were the cynosure of experienced technical experts.
Other innovations that are taking part in the event include biogas power plant, recovery of precious metals from spent catalysts used in electroplating and others. The first and second prizes for the competition amounting Rs15,000 and Rs10,000, respectively, would be declared on the second day.
- Wrestling a change
- Maoist kill senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma in Chhattisgarh, 2 injured
- Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh: State Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel's body found
- Invest for biggest bang for buck, govt tells LIC
- Narendra Modi slams Centre for delaying completion of Sardar Sarovar dam
- All should rise above party politics to fight terror: BJP on Chhattisgarh Maoist attack
- Sonia Gandhi holds meeting with PM on Chhattisgarh Maoist attack
- PM, Sonia Gandhi condemn Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
- Recording forgotten history, through talks and tapes
- Where's Mahatma Gandhi's final will?
- UEFA Champions League final sees German sides Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund collide - 13 hours ago
- Salman Khan not to wed Romanian TV actress Iulia Vantur, says father Salim Khan - 23 hours ago
- FINAL verdict: IPL not worth it - 2 hours ago
- Shah Rukh Khan back on Twitter to promote new film Chennai Express - 16 hours ago
- Rahul Dravid hopes spot fixing truth will be revealed - 1 day ago
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire again, injure brigadier, two soldiers near LoC - 19 hours ago
- N Srinivasan, state unit representatives attend Jagmohan Dalmiya's dinner ahead of IPL final - 14 hours ago
- Maoist kill senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma in Chhattisgarh, 2 injured - 15 hours ago
- We have no knowledge of betting, spot-fixing: CSK - 15 hours ago
- Salman Khan-Sooraj Barjatya to reunite - 22 hours ago