Aam Panna is a light green Indian drink made from raw mangoes, sugar and an assortment of spices. If its tangy flavour that captivates taste buds isn't enough for you to grab a glass of it, here are other reasons why you should:
- It is your tasty and quick remedy to beat the Mumbai summer and avoid heat strokes.
- It prevents excessive loss of sodium chloride and zinc from your body due to excessive sweating.
- It is a rich source of Vitamin C and thus a curative for blood disorders.
- It increases the elasticity of blood vessels and helps in the formation of new blood vessels.
- It acts as a tonic increasing body resistance against tuberculosis,anaemia, cholera and dysentery.
5 Places to get Aam Panna
1. Where: Oh! Calcutta
Hotel Rosewood, Tulsiwadi Lane, Tardeo
Price:Rs 120 per glass
2. Where: Aaswad
LJ Road, Shivaji Park, Gadkari Chowk, Dadar West
Price:Rs 42 per glass
3. Where: Chaat Haat
5, Ashok Emclave, Chincholi Bunder Road,
Evershine Mall, Malad West
Price: Rs 35 per glass
4. Where: Sizzling Bites
104, 1st Floor, Akruti Mall, Central Road,
Next to Akruti Centre Point, MIDC, Andheri East
Price:Rs 45 per glass
5. Where: Cafe Samovar
161-B, Jehangir Art Gallery, MG Road, Kala Ghoda, Colaba, Mumbai
Price:Rs100 per glass.
AAM PANNA RECIPE
6 medium sized green mangoes
3/4th cup water
1 tsp dry-roasted and grounded cumin seeds
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp salt
3 tblsp sugar
3 tblsp chopped mint leaves
Place the mangoes with water to cover in a sauce-pan and bring to boil.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Peel, stone and pulp the mango with a spoon.
Add water, sugar, salt, chilli and cumin to this mango pulp.
Stir in the mint and whisk again
Serve chilled with crushed ice