Cast: Chandan Roy Sanyal, Arfi Lamba, Elena Kazan, Mayank Kumar
Director: Ashish R Shukla
What’s it about
Why Prague? This along with many other questions is what will leave you perplexed as you leave the theatre after watching this bag of loosely strung ideas. The film deals with the notion of guilt and the effects it can have your life. Our protagonist (Sanyal) is an architect working in Prague who is constantly haunted by the demons of his past. His work, relationships, everything is marred by what happened with his friend in the past. The screenplay is so confusing and mismatched that at any given point you keep wondering what is happening and if it has any relevance.
If you haven’t visited the Czech republic’s capital then Prague will definitely tempt you into making a trip. Camera work beautifully caresses the European architecture and captures the mood and feel of the place. Chandan Roy Sanyal and Mayank Kumar stand out in an otherwise weak bunch of an ensemble cast. Atif Afzal and Varun Grover’s music despite standing out as a sore thumb is hauntingly melodic.
There is a consistent thread of wanting to be different and yearning to do so through out the film. Unfortunately there is no support system for this ambition. The story line is all over the place giving the actors hardly any scope to sink into their characters and perform. Poor writing doesn't help in creating any consistency or interest in the graph of these characters we are introduced to. In its attempt to be unpredictable, the film loses its grip on the audience early on.
What to do
Neither unconventional nor ground breaking, Prague is an experiment gone kaput!
- Nicole Scherzinger spotted heading for night out in London
- I am just a 19-year-old boy, says Justin Bieber
- Love Salman Khan for promoting 'Dhoom 3' in 'Bigg Boss': Aamir Khan
- Josh Brolin was affected psychologically while shooting 'Oldboy' says Spike Lee
- Pop singer Miley Cyrus named MTV's best artist of 2013
- Hrithik Roshan, Shahid Kapoor or even Govinda would have tap-danced better than me: Aamir Khan
- Court suspends 10-day jail term of Bollywood actor Rajpal Yadav
- I am not getting married anytime soon, clarifies Katrina Kaif
- Will dance on 'Besharam' song at Ranbir Kapoor's wedding: Katrina Kaif
- Sunny Leone gets lessons in Marathi
Did Batman's Commissioner Gordon steal Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D's thunder?
John Abraham face of National Geographic Channel
- Capital punishment: Delhi faces President's rule - 18 hours ago
- After Bullett Raja & R...Rajkumar in two weeks, Sonakshi Sinha has two releases on the same day - 16 hours ago
- Narendra Modi is a joker with a dirty mouth: Mani Shankar Aiyar - 10 hours ago
- Why the Aam Aadmi Party is the new Congress - 16 hours ago
- Madhuri Dixit vows Huma with her nuanced performance in 'Dedh Ishqiya' - 10 hours ago