MUMBAI: Mumbai-based Rahul Vaidya bagged the title of 'Superstar' on musical reality show 'Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar'.
Rahul, who was the finalist of first season of 'Indian Idol' on Sony television a few years ago, was declared the ultimate singing sensation in the country in a star-studded event at a Mumbai studio on Saturday night.
Leading the race, Rahul won the title with 2,16,693 votes, while Abhijeet Sawant and Harshit Saxena came second and third with 2,02,321 and 1,56,291 votes respectively.
Interestingly, in the Indian Idol season one, Rahul was beaten by Abhijeet to win the title.
Rahul was presented with the dazzling crystal trophy and black jacket with 'Superstar' scribbled on its back by Vidya Balan and Shahid Kapoor. He also got a cash award of Rs 50 lakh and a 'Flame' bike from TVS.
'Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar' began on Star Plus in April with 18 musical prodigals from the biggest television musical reality shows. It was conceived in the quest to identify the best amongst the best; the creme de la creme among the singers in today's industry. Those who had missed the crown in their previous shows had a chance to brave all odds, dump the past and bounce back to the top.
The music director duo Vishal-Shekhar and Bollywood Director/Choreographer Farah Khan were the judges for the show and Mandira Bedi, providing for the glam quotient, was the anchor of the show.
Many talented singers, who were previously proclaimed best in their shows, were unexpectedly voted out. Touching performances by singers like Debojit Saha had reduced audiences to tears whereas foot-tapping performances by many others made the audience groove to their beats.
The show had a glimpse of tinsel town in Harman Baweja and was also graced by singers like Shaan, Mika, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Richa Sharma and Sukhwinder Singh.
The grand finale showcased a mind-boggling performance by Neeraj Sreedhar, an image makeover and enhancement with the help of Bipasha Basu, quizzes and more with Vidya Balan while the dance floor was brought alive by Shahid Kapoor.
Meanwhile, Star Plus is set to launch the second season of Amul Star Voice of India (ASVOI).
- 'R...Rajkumar' is Sonakshi Sinha's best role after 'Dabangg', says Shahid Kapoor
- Viaan is a star, Shilpa Shetty
- Prabhudheva VS Tigmanshu Dhulia
- Aamir Khan learns tap dance from Dein Perry for 'Dhoom 3'
- Salman Khan releases 'Jai Ho' poster on Twitter
- Liam Hemsworth keen to patch up with Miley Cyrus?
- Kim Kardashian-Kanye West want to marry at Palace of Versailles
- Nelson Mandela may no longer be with us, but his journey continues on: Morgan Freeman
- Katrina Kaif creates more 'Dhoom' as she is crowned world's sexiest Asian woman for the fourth time
- 28 days without a break!
- More than 2 million stolen Facebook, Google and Yahoo passwords leaked online - 23 hours ago
- Rattled Congress takes refuge in blame game - 6 hours ago
- 10 things Nelson Mandela said that you have to know - 6 hours ago
- It was a bad performance and it started with the bowling: MS Dhoni - 3 hours ago
- Mumbai court orders fresh trial in Salman Khan hit-and-run case - 23 hours ago