Me and son not involved in QNet scam: Boman Irani

Wednesday, 8 January 2014 - 6:32pm IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: PTI

Bollywood actor Boman Irani, against whom a complaint has been lodged in connection with the Rs425-crore QNet scam, today claimed he and his son have done nothing wrong.

QNet, a multi-level marketing company, had allegedly duped people and a complaint has been filed against the 54-year-old actor and his son in connection with the scam.

Complainant Gurupreet Singh Anand, who had filed an FIR against the QNet in August last year, approached the probing agency, Mumbai Police's Economic Offences Wing, with a two-page complaint giving the details of alleged links of Danesh with the scheme.

In the written complaint, he alleged that Danesh promoted and propagated the scheme along with his father Boman, though according to police the actor is not the member in the scheme.

"I was informed yesterday that there was an information sent to the members of the media that a certain gentleman has lodged a complaint against my son Danesh Irani and I, for involvement with a company - QNet. This is a multilevel marketing company that is at the moment is under scrutiny by the Economic Offenses Wing (EOW)," Boman said in a statement.

"My involvement with the company is merely based on the fact that I have attended a function of Qnet and had been photographed there.

"Even though the individual has made this complaint, no authority including the EOW has intimated us for any inquiry," Boman said in a statement, adding that he and his family are law abiding citizens.


Jump to comments

RELATED

Around the web