Insidious: Chapter 2 has scared up a storm at the US box office to debut at number one with earnings of 41 million dollars.
According to box-office analyst Paul Dergarabedian of Hollywood.com, Rose Byrne and Patrick Wilson starrer haunted-house horror sequel scored the highest September opening day ever, Fox News reported.
Meanwhile, another newcomer, Relativity Media’s Robert De Niro-Michelle Pfeiffer crime caper The Family, opened in the second place with 14.5 million dollars, while last week’s champ, ‘Riddick’ moved down to the third spot.
The third place was bagged by Lee Daniels’ The Butler, while Jennifer Aniston’s We're the Millers rounded out the top five.
Top 10 box office earners
1. Insidious: Chapter 2- 41 million dollar
2. The Family - 14.5 million dollar
3. Riddick - 7 million dollars
4. The Butler - 5.58 million dollar
5. We’re the Millers - 5.4 million dollar
6. Instructions Not Included - 4.25 million dollar
7. Planes - 3.06 million dollar
8. One Direction: This Is Us - 2.4 million dollar
9. Elysium - 2.05 million dollar
10. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters- 1.82 million dollars.