So it's been a while since Jesse Eisenberg was confirmed to portray one of the most iconic villains in comic history - Lex Luthor. Not everyone was warm to the casting, and some were just waiting to see how everything would play out. But whatever happens, the role has been cast and all that's left to do is wait and see if Eisenberg turns out to be another Heath Ledger or Arnold Schwarzenegger.
As hush-hush as the details about the movie have been, Snyder doesn't mind releasing his ideas for how the characters will be portrayed.
Latino-Review got their hands on some details about Lex Luthor which also indicate what possible plot the movie might have. Goes without saying, if the information below is true, these are obvious spoilers. You have been warned.
- Lex Luthor will in fact sport his signature bald head.
- Snyder's version of Lex will have a detailed sleeve tattoo of the Metropolis skyline on his right arm.
- Lex, like in the comics will be a billionaire, but here he is the richest man on the planet and was a self-made billionaire at 18. He is also as expected the CEO of Lexcorp.
- In a turn away from the comics, apart from being a tech genius and ruthless business man, Lex will also have a past as a street thug.
- At 14 Lex was living on the streets and was initiated into a street gang.
- Lex is introduced early on in the story when Bruce Wayne visits him at his Lexcorp Tower Penthouse. Lex watching video of Superman when he enters.
- There is also a long standing enmity between Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor (as it is in the comics as well). "You see Bruce once called Lex as an amoral, arrogant brat. Lex thinks of Bruce as a trust fund baby. Lex considers he got himself to where he is at by innovation and hard work while Bruce by accident of birth."
- Bruce considers Superman an 'impressive specimen.'
- Bruce has other interests that brings Bruce to Metropolis. The movie will also see an uneasy truce between Bruce and Lex to work towards a common goal.
- Lex considers Wayne Enterprises to be a powerful company, but also believes he can use it to his advantage. There will be some business deal between Lexcorp and Wayne Enterprises in the movie.
- Lex believes Superman can die and that he is not immortal.
- Bruce sees Superman as a problem, but one that can be solved in a peaceful way. "One that doesn't involve going toe to toe with a God."
- "Lex doesn't intend to go toe to toe with anybody because he believes you don’t get to be a general by charging the front lines with the rest of the troops."
- At the end of the meeting between Bruce and Lex, he (Lex) ponders on how he can use Batman to his advantage.
These were the major spoilers revealed, of course since the script is still in the works and constantly re-written, these points are subject to change.