The Kolkata-based designer is delighted at the thought of being the finale designer at Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Fall/Winter 09. "I am very excited. It is like a homecoming for me," says Anamika Khanna, who's been a finale designer long ago.
Known to weave together an Indian heritage accompanied by a modern eclectic touch, she is a little coy about what she will be showcasing this time. "It is a bit early but my collection would have international sensibilities. I will present Indian wear in a manner which has not been thought of before." However, it is also the first time that the venue has moved to the suburbs (Grand Hyatt) — will that affect her front row attendance?
"Last year, the couture week was held at Grand Hyatt and the response I received was overwhelming. So I don't think it is about the who's who of the city attending my show. I'd rather have people who understand design, texture, detailing and have empathy towards the fashion industry."
Anamika is also very hushed about her showstopper. For now, all she's willing to say is, "It will be a special show. For me, it need not be a Bollywood person who walks and the flashbulbs don't stop. I will have someone who can carry off my most important outfit with grace and elegance."
Having become pals with debutante actor Sonam Kapoor after she walked the ramp for her at a fashion show, Anamika has gone on to style Sonam's look in Dilli 6. On Sonam's look in the movie, she says, "There is no added fantasy to the moghul look of her character. Sonam dresses in a very realistic, young girl like look."
- Daniel Kim's mashup of 2013's Billboard chart toppers goes viral on YouTube
- Shatrughan Sinha to receive 'lifetime achievement' award
- Bigg Boss 7: Sunny Leone to turn up the heat as Armaan, Kushaal, Sangram & Ajaz vie for her attention
- Every episode of Koffee With Karan ever
- Priyanka Chopra glams up 'Gunday' as cabaret dancer
- Former Bigg Boss inmate Sofia Hayat files complaint against Armaan Kohli
- Priyanka Chopra voted as hottest celebrity of 2013 for Maxim India
- No Jackpot for Katrina Kaif
- Homosexuality in Bollywood films
- Bigg Boss 7: Kamya Punjabi, Sangram Singh break Big Brother record
- Delhi LIVE: BJP rejects offer to form government, Lt Governor invites Aam Aadmi Party for discussions - 11 hours ago
- Sreesanth ties knot with Jaipur princess - 18 hours ago
- Bigg Boss 7: Sunny Leone to turn up the heat as Armaan, Kushaal, Sangram & Ajaz vie for her attention - 11 hours ago
- Rajinikanth turns 63: List of popular dialogues from his movies - 21 hours ago
- A sad day for India and for the world: American LGBT organisation All Out - 19 hours ago