Music director Amit Trivedi is thrilled by the response his song Emotional Atyachar has got from the public. It won't be wrong to say that this brass band song is becoming a cult song for the youth. B
ut there's one great mystery behind the song. The cast and crew of Dev D have no clue where the singers who made the song a rocking number, have vanished.
Ask Trivedi the names of the singer and he retorts: "Band master Rangeela and Raseela sang the song. I had received a demo CD of these guys and I thought they would be apt for it," he says.
Tell him that those names sound like characters in the film and ask him about their actual whereabouts and he laughs. "Actually, it's a big secret. The cast and crew have sworn not to reveal details about the singers. We can't come out with the truth right now. So I can't give anything away about the song," he says.
Director Anurag Kashyap clears the air. "They were two Ragini singers who auditioned for us and we felt that their voice was very different and was apt for a song like Emotional Atyachar. But when we tried to contact them later we could not find them and contact them. All we know is that they stay in some obscure part of Himachal Pradesh."
The out-of-the-box music of the film has been two years in the making. All 18 tracks are quite quirky. But the concept of atyachar came from Kashyap. He asked Trivedi to make a song with the words Emotional Atyachar in the brass band style. "A year ago, Anurag just called me and said, 'Something…something…emotional atyachar'. I asked what I was supposed to do with it. But he didn't say. He called me again in a few days
and told me that he wanted it in brass band style."
In case you are wondering who the actors posing as 'Patna Ke Presleys' and lip synching to the song in the video are, Trivedi has the answer. "Those two are members of Anurag Kashyap's unit. They are actors." So what's the big mystery about a singer? Will the real 'Patna Ke Presleys' please stand up?
- Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan extends Cannes stay for amFar
- Veena Malik promotes Zindagi 50-50 by distributing condoms in red light area in Mumbai
- Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth narrowly escape fire hazard at Cannes Film Festival
- Jay-Z dispels Beyonce's pregnancy rumours
- Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber spotted kissing at Billboard Awards
- Harry Potter exhibition from Wednesday
- Justin Bieber's song Baby named highest-certified single in US history
- Justin Bieber booed at Billboard Music Awards
- Rihanna's dad wants her to get back with Chris Brown
- Mila Kunis named most desirable celeb fans want to see in adult film
- IPL spot-fixing: Sreesanth scribbled 'God Save Me' twice in his diary, investigations reveal - 22 hours ago
- IPL 6: CSK beat Mumbai Indians by 48 runs, make it to fourth consecutive IPL final - 11 hours ago
- Former iGate CEO Phaneesh Murthy denies charges of sexual harrasment, says a case of extortion - 17 hours ago
- Phaneesh Murthy's second time around. Araceli Roiz alleges sexual harassment - 12 hours ago
- Sreesanth and the complete list of accused in IPL spot-fixing - 9 hours ago
- Sreesanth bought clothes worth Rs2 lakh, gifted Blackberry Z10 to girlfriend: Police - 11 hours ago
- I'm innocent, never indulged in spot-fixing: Sreesanth - 10 hours ago
- Sahara Pune Warriors withdraws from Indian Premier League - 12 hours ago
- Perform or perish: Rahul Gandhi fires his men - 21 hours ago
- 7-year-old kidnapped, raped, murdered by 18-year-old cousin in Madhya Pradesh - 16 hours ago