MUMBAI: Mumbai-based Rahul Vaidya bagged the title of 'Superstar' on musical reality show 'Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar'.
Rahul, who was the finalist of first season of 'Indian Idol' on Sony television a few years ago, was declared the ultimate singing sensation in the country in a star-studded event at a Mumbai studio on Saturday night.
Leading the race, Rahul won the title with 2,16,693 votes, while Abhijeet Sawant and Harshit Saxena came second and third with 2,02,321 and 1,56,291 votes respectively.
Interestingly, in the Indian Idol season one, Rahul was beaten by Abhijeet to win the title.
Rahul was presented with the dazzling crystal trophy and black jacket with 'Superstar' scribbled on its back by Vidya Balan and Shahid Kapoor. He also got a cash award of Rs 50 lakh and a 'Flame' bike from TVS.
'Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar' began on Star Plus in April with 18 musical prodigals from the biggest television musical reality shows. It was conceived in the quest to identify the best amongst the best; the creme de la creme among the singers in today's industry. Those who had missed the crown in their previous shows had a chance to brave all odds, dump the past and bounce back to the top.
The music director duo Vishal-Shekhar and Bollywood Director/Choreographer Farah Khan were the judges for the show and Mandira Bedi, providing for the glam quotient, was the anchor of the show.
Many talented singers, who were previously proclaimed best in their shows, were unexpectedly voted out. Touching performances by singers like Debojit Saha had reduced audiences to tears whereas foot-tapping performances by many others made the audience groove to their beats.
The show had a glimpse of tinsel town in Harman Baweja and was also graced by singers like Shaan, Mika, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Richa Sharma and Sukhwinder Singh.
The grand finale showcased a mind-boggling performance by Neeraj Sreedhar, an image makeover and enhancement with the help of Bipasha Basu, quizzes and more with Vidya Balan while the dance floor was brought alive by Shahid Kapoor.
Meanwhile, Star Plus is set to launch the second season of Amul Star Voice of India (ASVOI).
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West baby's birth video not for reality show
- The film industry means everything to me: Akshay Kumar
- Justin Bieber gets clean chit in hit and run case
- Bradley Cooper voted 'man with world's sexiest hair'
- Bollywood actress Jiah Khan died of hanging: Postmortem report
- Paris Jackson shunned celebrating birthdays after Michael Jackson's death
- Tanishaa Mukherjee's role models
- Jackie Chan admires Bollywood, welcomes Indo-Chinese Cine collaboration
- Alcohol is way more dangerous than marijuana, says Miley Cyrus
- Kim Kardashian-Kanye West's daughter's name decided?
- Nitish Kumar wins trust vote, says BJP won't win in 2014 - 12 hours ago
- After 3G, Vodafone slashes 2G data rates 80% - 13 hours ago
- Roads washed away, so IAF needs to make 400 rescue sorties to Kedarnath - 16 hours ago
- To pump up the volume, Sony lines up Rs15K Bravia for small towns - 13 hours ago
- Nitish Kumar mocks Narendra Modi's development model, says 'can't accept divisive politics' - 7 hours ago
- World's first flying car up for sale for nearly $1 million - 5 hours ago
- Uttarakakhand toll reaches 150, PM announces Rs1000 crore aid - 2 hours ago
- Serena Williams in a soup for saying 'rape victim should have not put herself in that position' - 13 hours ago
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer! - 11 hours ago
- Monsoon havoc claims more lives in north India, toll mounts to 128 - 10 hours ago