The cast of the show has approached CINTAA after being threatened by the channel that they would be blacklisted
The unrest on the sets of 'Maayka' (Zee) has only aggravated. After the channel expressed that it was considering blacklisting the actors for resisting the change in the production house (from Classic Productions to Creative Eye), actors have approached the Cine and TV Artistes Association (CINTAA) for intervention.
Actor Sudhir Pandey (plays Brij Malhotra) says, "Yes, I have approached CINTAA. I have been in this industry for long but have never witnessed such behaviour from any channel. I am neither against the channel nor am I speaking on behalf of Classic Productions. I am only speaking in support of them."
Sudhir continues, "Everyone has the right to choose whom to work with. So do we. My contract was with Classic Productions. How can anyone force me to enter into a contract with another production house in its place?"
Vikrant Rai, who plays Jeet in the serial, was furious at this threat. He says, "How can they use the word 'blacklist'? Have we committed a crime ? When we had gone to the channel to seek their intervention, we were told that we were not supposed to come there." He adds, "The channel feels that we are against them, which is not the fact. We are just against their decision. Why is Classic Productions being replaced when it was not their mistake at all? Aren't channels supposed to be just a platform for serial makers who want to air shows?"
Ashish Kaul, senior vice-president, Zee Enterprises Ltd, on his part says, "Let the actors think what they want to. We are aware of what we are doing. To state the fact, senior actors and representatives of the production house had been called for a meeting with senior officials at Zee and they were given a fair chance to be heard."
Ashish had earlier said that the channel had replaced the production house because they found 'the production quality and creative aspects' of Classic Productions unsatisfactory.
- Deepika Padukone lives her DDLJ moment in Chennai Express
- Robert Pattinson seeking solace, plans holiday with family
- Tabloid world awaits Kim Kardashian-Kanye West's child's first picture
- Kim Kardashian close to choosing baby name
- 100 crore club does not fascinate Deepika Padukone
- Kim Kardashian 'never wants to get pregnant again'
- Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy decision 'fearful choice', says Melissa Etheridge
- Jiah Khan suicide: Cops rubbish reports of mismatch in handwriting, say letter will be sent to expert
- Avril Lavigne balancing work, wedding plans
- Save Bijlee, Amitabh Bachchan appeals to animal lovers
- Couples who have premarital sex to be considered 'married': Madras High Court - 11 hours ago
- Muslims help Pandits to perform puja in Kashmir - 21 hours ago
- Narendra Modi's Ayodhya visit to hype up temple issue - 22 hours ago
- Jiah Khan suicide: Sanjay Leela Bhansali bats for Suraj Pancholi - 20 hours ago
- Jiah Khan suicide: Cops rubbish reports of mismatch in handwriting, say letter will be sent to expert - 13 hours ago
- Manmohan Singh's old age home - 20 hours ago
- Only Hindutva can transform the country: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat - 15 hours ago
- Champions Trophy semi-finals to see India-Sri Lanka, England-South Africa lock horns for right to play final - 18 hours ago
- Robert Pattinson seeking solace, plans holiday with family - 15 hours ago
- dna edit: The Nitish moment - 22 hours ago