Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation will soon introduce air-conditioned sleeper facilities in intra-state and inter-state Corona buses, in August.
According to a KSRTC official, "To neutralise the competition from the private sector, we are planning to introduce sleeper seats in Corona buses. There are about eight Corona buses. We are introducing ten more Corona buses, which will exclusively be equipped with sleeper seats. Depending on the response, we will introduce more sleeping coaches in future. Sleeper coaches will now be introduced for longer distances like Ooty, Tirupathi, Hubli, Mangalore, Chennai and others."
The sleeper coach will be launched in August. Earlier in 2006, a similar type of bus named Meghdooth was introduced by KSRTC. Due to internal problems, it was withdrawn.
A KSRTC official said, "When we had introduced Meghdooth for the first time in 2006, due to some internal problems, we had withdrawn it. After we sensed a great demand from the public, we have planned to launch the sleeper coach next month. We have tentative plans to introduce sleeper seats in Volvo buses also."
The Corona air-conditioned sleeper coach will have 32 seats equipped with rear engine.There will also be an anti-lock breaking system and a retarder that will ensure a comfortable journey.
- Bangalore: Display of rollicking faith begins
- Madae Snana: Media's glare annoys cooks at the temple
- Ex-army man on fast over Karnataka Administrative Service exam row
- Indians cool with eco-friendly spending
- KIADB's act deprived govt of Rs 2.7 crore: Social activist SR Hiremath
- Intelligence Bureau official held for molesting Italian in Bangalore
- Bangalore: Caught in wrong job? Hold on
- I, Me, Myself
- Bangalore: Ethics matter, just for the hack of it
- Mind yourself, sex workers tell police
- Delhi Assembly elections result 2013: BJP, AAP war it out, Sheila Dikshit silently retreats - 12 hours ago
- Madhya Pradesh assembly elections won by BJP, Congress loses by a wide margin - 11 hours ago
- Chhattisgarh Assembly elections result 2013 - BJP defeats Congress in Chhattisgarh riding on Raman Singh's popularity - 12 hours ago
- Assembly elections 2013: Counting underway in four states amid tight security - 17 hours ago
- Sachin Tendulkar lucky to have not faced West Indies pace greats: Imran Khan - 15 hours ago