INDIA’s MOST-TRUSTED BRANDS
Source: Brand Trust Report, India Study (BTR) – 2013
Six state-based brands – Amul, Vadilal, Nirma, Rasna, GIPC and GSFC – have topped their respective categories in recently-unveiled ‘Brand Trust Report, India Study (BTR) – 2013’.
BTR – 2013 was published by Trust Research Advisory, which is a leading research organisation dedicated to understanding and simplifying concepts related to the trust. BTR – 2013 lists 1,100 most trusted brands in 211 categories from among 19,000 unique brands generated in the study.
As per the report, Amul is India’s most trusted food and beverage (F&B) brand among 123 candidates in the category, jumping 56 positions to the zenith. Amul is also 22nd in the most-trusted brand across all categories. Nokia, meanwhile, is the brand people have rested most faith in.
Nirma has displaced Hindustan Lever to become India’s most-trusted consumer product manufacturer this year. India’s second largest ice-cream manufacturer, Vadilal Industries Ltd, leads the dessert’s category. Baskin-Robbins and Kwality Wall’s India are ranked second and third respectively.
Gujarat has a deep and long tradition of business, and business is trust incarnate – believes N Chandramouli, CEO of Trust Research Advisory. “With them being the category toppers, it shows how Gujarat’s brands have now begun to pervade national consciousness,” says Chandramouli.
“Gujarat is a state everyone looks up to – not just for governance or quality or life, but also for quality of brands that emerge from here. This is a high point of the evolutionary cycle in terms of perception,” he added.
Among other companies and categories, Rasna is India’s most-trusted powdered drink trouncing Glucon-D and Tang.
The state-owned Gujarat Industrial Power Company (GIPC) is the most-trusted infrastructure company, followed by National Thermal Power Company (NTPC) and Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT). Gujarat State Fertilizer Company (GSFC) is the sixth brand from Gujarat which is the most-trusted brand in fertilizer category.
- Will the new Act help manual scavengers in Gujarat?
- Australian delegation meets Narendra Modi
- Nationalised banks have harmed the co-operative ones, says Narendra Modi
- Narayan Sai may be brought to Surat today
- Ahmedabad: Little effort can also make a big difference
- Gujarat providing power to all: Saurabh Patel
- Giving voice to people, Ahmedabad developers build mobile app
- No-trust motion puts Vipul Chaudhary in a spot
- Restore ship-building subsidy, Gujarat tells Centre
- Vipul Chaudhary's term as Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation chief uncertain
INDIA’s MOST-TRUSTED BRANDS
Aussie commissioner bats for Australian football in Gujarat
How was my transfer from Bhavnagar in public interest, asks IPS officer Rahul Sharma
- Sofia Hayat eliminated from 'Bigg Boss 7' - 3 hours ago
- Sunil Grover's show at the same time as Kapil Sharma's? - 13 hours ago
- I'm not here to make friends: Kareena Kapoor after hearing Ranbir Kapoor's statement - 9 hours ago
- 'Jai Ho' new poster: Salman Khan's favourite Sana Khan gets two back-to-back posters - 9 hours ago
- Indian television and film actor Vinay Apte no more, fans on Twitter mourn - 4 hours ago